Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charge for embroidery work????????

Posted by grammynow (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 08 at 11:58

Is there an estimation of price for embroidery work? I have embroidered 15 very heavy canvas beach bags with names and haven't a clue what to charge. Do you charge by the bag or by the stitch? or the time? Thanks for anyone who could give me an idea. I am located near Kansas City, Missouri.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charge for embroidery work????????

Hi I am very new to this, but when I did a web search for personalized embroidered products I found most embroidery businesses charged for stitches. I saw as low as $1.50 for 1000 stitch to $4.50/1000. Also if you go to eBay and click on sell there is a "what's it worth" tool.
I searched personalized embroidered bags
(personalized embroidered totes no results)
eBay gave an avg. price of $18.33 range of $.01-$24
Hope this helps.

o

you should charge by the stitch, but your by the stitch price should vary by the number of bags. ALso, it's typical to charge a minimum of 5000 stitches. I get my bags from Allcustomwear, however, and they pretty much charge just a flat fee for the embroidery.

Here is a link that might be useful: Allcustomwear

o

So JSM do you own this company? I've seen 3 posts so far where you are pushing them. You're not supposed to advertise on this forum.

o

As clueless told searching the wjats worth tool is the best option.

o

In NW KS the going rate is $1.40 to $1.60 per 1000 stitches seems to be the going rate.

o

In AL the going rate was $1 per 1000 stitches for home embroideriers 6 years ago when I got my machine. A $5 min. per item. Still haven't upped my price but should.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here