Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question on 5x7 designs and Brother 270D

Posted by sewhipmama (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 12, 08 at 11:47

I just received my 5x7 hoop for my brother 270D model and was beginning to download the 5x7 designs I purchased earlier onto my card. My PED Basic program downloaded them to my card with no problem, but when I went to place it in my machine, it states, that "this Embroidery Card can not be used on this machine." I use it all the time with my 4x4s, but when I place 5x7s on it, it won't work. Has anyone had this problem before? If so, how did you fix it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question on 5x7 designs and Brother 270D

Hi,

Even though the hoop is 5x7 (it's actually 4"x7"), your machine is only capable of stitching 4"x4" designs. The hoop works by stitching a design file (a portion of the design) in one area of the hoop. You must then move the hoop to the next position and stitch the next file.
Before you can use a 5x7 design in your hoop, the design must be split into overlapping files that are no larger than 4x4 each. In my opinion, Embird is the BEST software on the market for design splitting and editing. If you don't own it, I'd highly recommend getting it. The good news is that it's not expensive and it does A LOT! www.embird.com

Best of luck!
Rosanne

Here is a link that might be useful: Embird Tutorials

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here