Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gayle_gw

Used Brother or Babylock

gayle
17 years ago

I have fallen in love with the Brother and Babylock sewing + embroidery machines, but can't afford a new one. Does anyone know where I could buy a used one? I have tried ebay a couple of times without success, although I haven't given up hope yet.

Thanks. Gayle

Comments (11)

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

Some of the dealers will have used machines as trade-ins. If you save your pennies, you will have enough for one of these machines. Also cruise their sites to see if there are any specials going on.

• gayle
    Original Author
    17 years ago

In my opinion, the dealers so far appear to have inflated ideas of what used machines are worth. The don't seem to depreciate like automobiles do.

• joansews4u
    17 years ago

We lucked up & found one for my daughter from an individual. I still sit amazed at what we got it for. Another thing I would suggest is to check estate sales. I have heard of people finding sergers & sewing machines at them.If you're not from a large area, you may have access to their newspapers to locate them.

• msmeow
    17 years ago

You can also check the classified ads at freeembroiderystuff.com.

• msmeow
    17 years ago

PS - I have the 8500 and I LOVE it! I got it for 1/2 price at a sewing expo 3 years ago. It's easy to use and does everything!

Donna

• dragonsneedle
    17 years ago

My machine was a floor model from a very small dealer. I got a very good price and it really was barely used.

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

What model Brother or Babylock were you interested in?

Sometimes Walmart, Costco, or online stores will have those models with the savings realized in no tax and free shipping from the on-line stores.

Also be aware that if you want to do machine embroidery, the expense does not stop at the machine...there is thread (can't use regular sewing thread), needles, stabilizers, hoops, and other necessities that go with the embroidery side of the machine.

I would keep saving the pennies so you can afford the additional expense...trying to get by cheap sometimes turns out more expensive than it's worth in machine repairs and no warranty.

• movingwest
    17 years ago

Keep looking. they upgraded the ellageo model last year so I was able to get the old version at a discount. I have sewn with brother or baby lock forever it seems and I adore them. hey are worth every penny. um dollar .. um every thousand.

• jim_roberts
    17 years ago

I have a Babylock EMP-6 that I would love to get rid of if you are interested. It is about a year old and has less than 30 hours total use. My father bought it right before his heart attack. It comes with extra hoops/cap attachments, Origins software, backing, a few boxes of caps, pretty much everything you need to start up. If interested either email me back or call me at (918) 697-2311

• jim_roberts
    17 years ago

The above machine was sold. Please do not call my cell asking about it.

• marhunter
    15 years ago

I have a Brother PR 600 that I would like to sell if you are still looking

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County