Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother PE190D new user any advice?

Posted by mertle (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 10, 07 at 3:50

Hi everyone, stumbled across this forum and it's wonderful!

I have just bought a new PE190D on sale and waiting for it to be delivered.

Does anyone on here use one or have used one in the past and have any advice for the beginner?

I plan on getting the PE basic software and card reader from Ebay and some designs from the net to try out with it too.

Thanks for any help or info on this machine, I can't wait to start my new hobby!!!!

Kerri

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother PE190D new user any advice?

Thoroughly read that manual several times before you start and then start practicing the manual from page 1.

Because of technology, today's machines aren't exactly your grandmother's old machine.

There are many free designs to download to practice with so I would start with the freebies first plus what is installed on your machine.

Brother is pretty good about giving you a starter kit. You do need extra needles, stabilizer, machine embroidery thread (a few spools to start), and practice fabric.

There is probably a Brother group on Yahoo groups you may want to join...they have a wealth of knowledge about your machine and embroidery methods as this site isn't that active should you need help.

o

Go to the MArtha Pullen website and look for the machine embroidery forum. Lots of very experienced people there.

o

Hi kerri I have one it is fantastic here is a link you will have the best fun when you get your ped basic good luck with it all it is simple and easy to use!!!!! Amanda

Here is a link that might be useful: pe190d embroidery machine & ped basic for sale

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here