Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yorkibear

Everybody ......WAKE up!!!

yorkibear
17 years ago

This has got to be the Slowwwwest forum here. LOL!!! Are we all sleepin? We have to start embroiderying and telling each other what we are doing. I need to pull out towels to monogram tomorrow for a wedding next week. I am trying HARD not to wait until the last minute like I normally do. I keep some new ones in a stash so I don't have an excuse not to do them because I have to go to town to purchase them. SOOOOOOOOO now I need another excuse to procrastinate. What are you folks working on?

Comments (13)

• lilylover_ar
    17 years ago

I agree, this forum is too slowwwww. RIght now I'm working on burps, got about a dozen to do. Speaking of towels, I saw the prettiest blue towels at Walmart the other day. Even though my bathroom doesn't have a bit of blue I may have to get a set to have on hand. Would make a great wedding gift or graduation.

• maryanntx
    17 years ago

Okay, who's making all the racket? I was in the middle of a delicious dream!
    LOL
    I do agree. I come here every day hoping that someone has something to say, but it seems that I don't have anything. With my full time job I haven't had time to do any embroidery. Six months ago my sister sent me the attachment for my Bernina so that I could stitch on caps and I haven't even hooked it to the machine yet to try it out!

This time last year I was making graduation gifts, but I wasn't working away from home then either.

Even when I'm not doing any embroidery, I still enjoy coming here and reading about what everyone else is doing.

• yorkibear
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well..........I hate to tell on myself ,BUT,,,,,,I didn't get the towels done today either. It looks like I am doing my usual and will be doing them the day of the wedding next week. I just hate that but its hard when your embroidery machine is in the livingroom and you have to get everything done and put up all in one day. The good news is we are adding on to our home with a sewing room all my own that I can start projects and quit when I have to and then go back. I can hardly wait. I have walls, subfloor and decking on roof right now. We started this last year then had Hurricane Rita come through and it has taken almost 6 months to settle with insurance company so now we are back on track. But guess what? It's hurricane season already. Oh well that's LIFE. Two Texas steps forward and 1 step back. Wish us luck that we can finish this soon and I can get busy.

• keepeminstitches
    17 years ago

I'm working on a Latte quilt done with machine embroidery on quilter's sateen using the Mega Hoop. It should be beautiful when (if!) I finish it. I don't quilt, tho, so will have a Red Hat friend who owns a long-arm do the stippling, etc. She owns a quilting company. The center medallion is 44" square, with 14 1/2" square blocks and sashing all around it. Ends up being 90" x 90" approximately. The latte quilt is a class I'm taking once a month at Bernina.

PS BTW, maryanntx, Bernina is coming out with V.5 software this summer, but no dealer I've spoken with knows what it will do. I hope it will allow us to split big designs, like jacket backs, right down the middle, but that might be wishful thinking! Let me know how your cap hoop works.

Mary

• yorkibear
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Heey everyone, I finally got the wedding towels done. Wedding was Saturday, I did them Monday after the wedding. I told you I wait till the last minute. We didn't go to the wedding so they will be an after honeymoon gift. Oh well better late than never.

• williamsburgjane
    17 years ago

I am working on another hand embroidered baby quilt. I am awake!

• pathfinder81601
    17 years ago

I just took my new embroidery machine out of the box and read through the instuction manual. Soooo tired....going back to bed now.

Need your prayers! Been sewing for 37 years and this is my first computerized machine, so get on those knees, y'all!

• Laura_IA
    17 years ago

I'm embroidering a quilt block for a neighbor lady that I just finished digitizing the designs for. Then I've got about 7 other projects waiting. I need to get motivated.
    The Singer XL6000 is feeling neglected.

• chrisstitch
    17 years ago

Path finder....how are you doing on your computerized machine..........learning on mine has been a hard but stimulating task..still earning new things everyday and loving it.....right now I am embroidering panels for screen purses and have just recently purchased the 3D software.....another challenge for senior citizens......just started reading this forum....I spend lots of time on the Hosta Forum....also by Garden Web.....hosta and thread are both a passion of mine...I just found a hosta pattern in embroidery and I was so delighted.I had looked for a long time.also work a lot on recycled denim...........makes a great pallette for trial runs and then later you can use the stitched samples for other projects...never enough hours in a day.....Chris

• sherwood38
    17 years ago

I used to be fairly active here-then quit sewing for many months. Needing inspiration to jumpstart me I went looking for new software at the Viking Dealer. I really loved the new one called Pop Up Pals because I have a 3 yr old great grandaughter, but they didn't have it in stock-had to special order it. So to keep my interest up I bought an applique software kit called DragonFly & Friends and so far have stitched out two of them and they are so cute! I will probably incorporate them into a lap quilt for her.

Pat

• pathfinder81601
    17 years ago

Hey, chrisstitch and everyone! It's pathfinder here....two months later. My whole family is having a ball with the new Brother. I have been making jeans and shirts for Halloween using neon embroidery threads. Next pair of jeans will be done in glow in the dark thread if I can find it. Anyone else use it? My next project is an outfit my the granddaughter to wear to Disney next month.
    {{gwi:1512095}}

Here is a link that might be useful:

• momwitness
    17 years ago

I am awake. mostly. I am a newbie. I just bought my Bernina machine, yesterday. I don't even pick it up until next Saturday. I am very excited and a little scared. I have never spent so much money on myself at one time. But I can't wait to get started!

• keepeminstitches
    17 years ago

Hi, momwitness, which Bernina did you get? You will LOVE it!!! I have two, my most prized material possessions! Have fun! I hope your dealer offers classes. I printed out the on-line manual for the new V5 embroidery software, and it was 651 pages long, so classes are invaluable! It's easier to see things done in person, even though the manuals are really thorough.

I'm really excited for you!! Best of luck!
    Mary

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer