Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother se270d monogram question

Posted by raidermama (My Page) on
Mon, May 22, 06 at 23:44

I just purchased the brother 270d and wanted to embroider names on two lines. I did the first name on the first line and can't figure out how to get the second line evenly spaced below the first name so I can do the last name:

example: John (first line)
Doe (second line)

Is is possible to have the machine do the first line and drop down by itself to the second line and if so, how do I do this??

I would appreciate any help!!!

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother se270d monogram question

I don't know anything about the 270D, but I have the Brother 8500D. You can "edit" designs on-screen by using arrow keys. Can you do that with the 270? It shows measurements on the screen on the 8500, so you'd be able to get them centered. If you can't do that, you'll need some kind of embroidery editing software like Embird so you can do it on your computer and then you'll need a reader/writer box so you can write the design to a card that fits in your machine.

Donna

o
RE: Brother se270d monogram question

I have the 270D. What I do is use a medium font, and after I have the name typed in, go to the bottom right hand button on the screen, sorry can't remember the name of it. There you can choose where on the screen to put the object. I put it as far up as it will go. (if it's too big, this just doesn't work) I stitch this...then after it's done, I do the same with the last name, moving it down the screen. On the screen there is another squre looking button that will actually move the hoop around the space the stitching will go, so you can adjust as needed. I would suggest a test run on a scrap first, as my directions are lousy! Sorry
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here