Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pe-design 2.0 help!!!

Posted by scottbattram (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 07 at 23:09

Hoping someone out there will be kind enough to help me out.

I have been using PE-DESIGN since 1998 and the only version I require is 2.0 The machine I had it installed on crashed today after 6 years of service to me. The new machine I am putting it on does not have a floppy drive. I have 5 other systems here and I found out that neither of them have floppy drives!!! Anticipating a crash, I copied the floppy disks over to another systems hard drive. (I successfully managed to copy Disk 2 and Disk 3 however my Disk 1 folder I created was empty, I didn't move the files into it after I copied them I suppose).

If there is anyone out there kind enough to email me DISK 1 I would be forever grateful! I would be happy to include the writers serial number etc...

Since I use this machine for embroidering customers names onto the equipment we make (see www.battram.com) the only other solution would be for me to go out and buy the most recent version that comes on a CD and I saw the pricing was quite steep 600 - 700 bucks and even version 4 can be found on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. I don't really want to do this especially since I only use it for 1 colour and one font embroidery of goalies names and really have no need for the other stuff the software does.

Hoping someone can help.

My email is sbattram@battram.com

Many thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pe-design 2.0 help!!!

I think that you can download the file on the Brother site. Here is a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Brother download site

o
RE: pe-design 2.0 help!!!

For about $35 you can get a USB floppy drive for any machine with a USB port, any Windows.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here