Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scottbattram

pe-design 2.0 help!!!

scottbattram
16 years ago

Hoping someone out there will be kind enough to help me out.

I have been using PE-DESIGN since 1998 and the only version I require is 2.0 The machine I had it installed on crashed today after 6 years of service to me. The new machine I am putting it on does not have a floppy drive. I have 5 other systems here and I found out that neither of them have floppy drives!!! Anticipating a crash, I copied the floppy disks over to another systems hard drive. (I successfully managed to copy Disk 2 and Disk 3 however my Disk 1 folder I created was empty, I didn't move the files into it after I copied them I suppose).

If there is anyone out there kind enough to email me DISK 1 I would be forever grateful! I would be happy to include the writers serial number etc...

Since I use this machine for embroidering customers names onto the equipment we make (see www.battram.com) the only other solution would be for me to go out and buy the most recent version that comes on a CD and I saw the pricing was quite steep 600 - 700 bucks and even version 4 can be found on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. I don't really want to do this especially since I only use it for 1 colour and one font embroidery of goalies names and really have no need for the other stuff the software does.

Hoping someone can help.

My email is sbattram@battram.com

Many thanks

Comments (28)

• pathfinder81601
    16 years ago

I think that you can download the file on the Brother site. Here is a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Brother download site

• mcarmen
    16 years ago

For about $35 you can get a USB floppy drive for any machine with a USB port, any Windows.

• Joaquín G Garnica
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Saludos, se que ha pasado un tiempo de tu publicación. Tengo un problema similar, la diferencia que tengo el disco1 en buen estado y me falla el 2 y el 3. Si aún te sirve; te lo que puedo compartir en un archivo. Y si tú me pudieras compartir el 2 y 3, sería excelente. Gracias! 1uuttss1@gmail.com

• dancingirl_gw
    5 years ago

Oh my gosh, just realized this is very old post! Sorry!

• Joaquín G Garnica
    5 years ago

Si gracias... Estoy consciente de que es una publicación antigua, pero es lo más viable que encontré para solucionar el detalle, tengo los discos originales, pero solamente me funciona el disco1, el 2 y 3 no. Yo utilizo el traductor de google. Gracias.

• dancingirl_gw
    5 years ago

Can still go to Brother site/downloads and get entire program. If you have the reader/writer box, it will be usable. If not, the program will not open. Have you tried this source?

• Joaquín G Garnica
    5 years ago

Buen día...! Ya he visitado el sitio, pero únicamente descargo la actualización V2.5. Al querer instalar, me pide que tenga instalada la V2.0. Ya había hecho un respaldo en un HDD. Pero también sufrió daños. Así es que, nomás requiero los discos 2 y 3.

• dancingirl_gw
    5 years ago

Do you have 'DROPBOX' installed on your computer? It is a free app with limited number of gb's. I could try to transfer --I believe it can be done. Get it installed and PM me with your email address..we will give it a try. Okay?

• Joaquín G Garnica
    5 years ago

Listo..! Mi correo es 1uuttss1@gmail.com

• Tug Bressler
    5 years ago

I have the same issue with trying to get my old serial Brother card read/write working. Can you send me the dropbox link as well?

• dancingirl_gw
    5 years ago

Just 'Google' for Dropbox-free.

• HU-676073122
    5 years ago

Hola, Feliz día. Veo que el post es viejo pero tengo una situación similar. Tengo el modulo Pe Design y necesito el programa Ver. 2.0 ya que se brickeo el computador donde lo tenia instalado y no dispongo de ninguno de los 3 discos. Gracias si me pueden ayudar.

Tengo Dropbox y mi correo es brayanlanz@gmail.com

• HU-299967294
    4 years ago

hey all

I have one of the first readers and need the software as I’m having issues with my floppy disk can anyone please send me a copy of them ? Would greatly be appreciated

• HU-299967294
    4 years ago

Can anyone help with the software?

• dancingirl_gw
    4 years ago

What sort of help do you need..i don't think I understand your problem. You say "issues with your floppy disk"....there are 3 installation disks for PEDv2!

• dancingirl_gw
    4 years ago

Oh, and I will repeat from above...that you can D/L the entire program from the Brother site , to your computer. Connecting the reader and opening/install of the software will verify ownership. You should have no problems.

• HU-299967294
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

hey dancing girl

thanks for the help ,

ive just been struggling to get my card reader to work, when I have loaded the floppy disk / diskettes it has said that it’s missing a setup file “error 107“,

i have the first card reader released that connect to the Rs-232c port.

see below my pictures , if you have any idea how to get it working that be appreciated . I have windows 7 but have a program that allow me to run earlier windows programs I just can’t get the setup right . And use the reader and software. I’ve looked on brother but can only see updates no programs .

Greatly appreciate your help

• dancingirl_gw
    4 years ago

Yes, I understand your pix..the reader connects to your printer port via cable, then to 110 outlet via adapter. Is this how you are connecting? The software requires 32bit processor, and you have WIN7, but you say you have a program ? that allows earlier WIN programs?

You are not set up for private messages. I am. Click on "me" and it will take you to my profile page where you can send me a private message-- please include your email address so we can communicate off this site. I will try to help you with the set-up disk.

• HU-299967294
    4 years ago

Sent you a message

• dancingirl_gw
    4 years ago

And I responded.

• HU-299967294
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Thank you , I sent you a private message with my email aussieairleague@hotmail.com I may have miss spealt it as I haven’t received anything yet Thank you for your help really appreciate it

• dancingirl_gw
    4 years ago

ah yes, you said gmail. Okay, another try...

• Alexandra Slater
    3 years ago

Hello, I know this is an old post, but I need help with the version 4 software. The brother website only has the updates, so they won't install without the actual software file. Can anyone help?

• dancingirl_gw
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

I have v4-complete. Do you have the reader/writer, printer with port, and 32bit processor? You have not set up for private messages. Send me a private message with explanation of your problem and I will try to help via email or Dropbox.

• Jawara Wright
    2 years ago

Hello i know this is an old post but i have a pc8500 with bith serial card readers i cant get version 2 to work with my win 10 computer. says its cant install due to compatability but ive even changed that to win 95 compatibility. can someone please email me pe deaign verion 2

zerocltnc@gmail.com

• King Simba
    2 years ago

Free Embroidery Design

www.embsupply.com

• David Camus
    last year

Hola, veo que el post es viejo, saben de algún sitio donde se pueda descargar la versión 2.0 de Pe- Design, o alguien puede enviar una copia. Mi email es dcamus@hotmail.com. Gracias. / Hello, I see that the post is old, do you know of a site where version 2.0 of Pe-Design can be downloaded, or can someone send a copy. My email is dcamus@hotmail.com. Thanks.

Sponsored
Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living in Columbus, OH