Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pris2102

Embird Reader/Writer Compatibility

pris2102
17 years ago

Does anyone know if the Embird software is compatible with the Husqvarna card reader/writers?

Comments (33)

• denise_deco
    17 years ago

hi, i need your help, i had a pe-design that i loved to use because of technologie i had to buy a new computor the cord and the disckette that doesn't work in this new computor so i bought ped-basic well talk about basic. can you suggest a program that i can use me it's layout and editing that i use get design hus,pes,pec etc..... and add a name or word. thank you so much for your help

• colleenny
    17 years ago

Embird

• bkarry
    17 years ago

I'd also be interested in whether Embird will work with Husqvarna's card reader/writer.

• Laura_IA
    17 years ago

Embird should work with any card reader / writer because it doesn't need or use one at all. Embird is an editing and conversion program. The reader writer box would have it's own software to get the designs and write them to the card, so I can't imagine there being any problem. They should never have to be compatible.

Embird is available as a free download and trial for 30 days I believe. You should certainly be able to figure out whether it will do what you need in 30 days. Download it and try it out. Embrid is a fantastic program that I will never be without. The price is unbelievably fair for what it does, you only buy the pieces you need or want so you aren't stuck with stuff you don't use, and what other companies let you try out their product for free to decide if you want to purchase?

I promise you'll all be thrilled with what Embird can do. Not affiliated, just a happy customer, yadda, yadda.

Laura

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

I am still confused on all this. I have Husqvarna sewing/embroidery machine type is scandiavina 300. I purchased the reader/writer from the dealers. come to find out the software is another great expense, which they never told me its all separate. and which I can not afford to buy, so my machine just sits there. I was wondering if the Embird software will work with the reader/writer or do I have to have the expensive software from the dealer in order to download designs. this is been one bad ordeal for me. I don't totally understand all this software. I do know that the software I need for the reader/writer is some form of a convertion software to get the designs from one point to the disk for the machine. Is this correct?. Please help... thanks

• Laura_IA
    17 years ago

Nancy,
    Do you know what format your machines uses? I'm not familiar with your machine.

You said you bought the reader/writer box when you bought your machine. If you have the reader/writer, then I'm not sure why you can't download designs, put them on your card and sew them out. The reader/writer is used just like another disk drive, so you shouldn't really need anything else to be able to download designs from the internet, put them on your card and take the card to your machine. Maybe I'm missing something?

If you mean being able to create your OWN designs from start to finish, then yes you'll need additional software, and Embird will do that if you also purchase the Studio add-on. The 2 together are about $240 if I remember right. But if you only want to sew out the literally millions of designs you can find for free or purchase online, then it seems to me you'd have everything you need already.

If I'm not understanding your question, please let me know.

Laura

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

my machine's format is HUS. when I brought the reader/writer box it did not come with software. I have to buy that separate, and it cost around $300. they told me that I needed the software in order to transfere the design after downloading to put then on the machine disk. I believe they called it a conversion software, I think it has something to do with converting the designs to format for the reader/writer. something like that anyway. I am totally new at this and trying to learn.
    so my question is; will the embird software that comes with the embird reader/writer work with my reader/writer that I already have?

• Islay_Corbel
    17 years ago

Go back to your dealer, tell them you don't understand. Take a friend with you who won't let them get away with letting you leave the shop until it's all crystal clear! It shouldn't be this complicated. i don't know your machine so can't advise.

• Laura_IA
    17 years ago

I can see needing conversion software if you can't get the design you want in .hus, but frankly that shouldn't be a problem. Virtually any design I've ever seen online has been available for download in .hus format.

I agree with islay - go back to your dealer, because something is just not right here. If they maintain that the box won't work without the software, then make them take the box back. Selling a read/write box without software of any kind is like selling a car without an engine.

I'll still keep trying to see if I can find out an answer for you. I do know that most dealers I've dealth with know next to nothing about how the 'computer' end of embroidery works, and virtually none of them know how to work the software they sell, so my bet is that you have exactly what you need, and they are the ones who don't understand.

What's the name of the read/write box, and is it installed on your computer? IF it is, then there had to be a disk of some sort to install the drivers. If it's installed on the computer, it's probably just a case of downloading the .hus file from the internet, then copy and paste it into the drive letter of the box. You don't need a conversion since the file is already .hus.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

the reader/writer box is from husqvarna dealer, it is the one that they said goes with the machine. no I do not have the reader/writer connected to the computer. the instructions and store, said that I have to install the software to run the box. thats my problem I don't have the software. As I stated before it is to expensive.(300$ just for the software.)
    I think I should check and find a different reader/writer box with software to use with my machine. I think if I could sell this machine, I would and go with a Brothers. lol
    Does anyone know of a reader/writer box and software that would be cheaper that I could use with the Husqvarna machine? Do you know if Embird reader/writer box and its software, will work with my machine?
    I was so excited about getting this machine and now can't do hardly anything with it, except regular sewing.

• costumegrl
    17 years ago

Nancy, I don't have Husqvarna, but it doesn't matter. It sounds like you just got the machine with the reader/writer I'm not sure box. You have GOT to be frustrated!Do what Isley said and if for any reason you cannot, just let us know. Dealers are famous for selling you something and tagging everything onto the "comes with it price". You can get a reader/writer box, embird for under $200.00 and the world is your oyster! OR, I'm sure anyone can "talk you through" what you have - once you know what you have. I think they want you to buy the c.d. with all their designs (not the software). You should have a c.d. to go along with any "box" you have. That is sufficient. Don't be discouraged. There's always a way to do it!

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

Pris, what you really need to do is spend some quality time with your machine manuals and practice page by page as you go. I think many of your questions will be answered.

I checked on this machine and it seems that the software is in the machine for anything you want to do. The trick is finding in the manual what you want to do. If you practice page by page, you will find most of your answers and get to know your machine very well.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

the thing is that I got the reader/writer box from Husqvarna and the software that goes with the box is extra. I did not know this until after I got it. I did notice that some of the other reader/writer boxes comes with the software. What I want to know now is what box I can use with my machine. Is Embird the name of the software and box or is it just the software name? IF its the name of the software only, what is the name of the box it goes with? I will check into that.

• bkarry
    17 years ago

Nancy I just got a Husqvarna also. Had to buy the software for the Reader/Writer box. It's called 3D organizer. You will need this to send designs to the card. I also just bought basic Embird. With embird you can merge designs and adjust the size, something you can't do with the 3D organizer. I think you will still need at least 3D organizer to send project to the card. Also, I believe that it will only send one design to card at a time. Husqvarna offers a bundle of three different software (3D organizer is included). I think if you purchase the bundle that one of the software programs lets you send more programs to the card. Think the bundle goes for around $500. ouch!! The 3D organizer runs right around $150.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

now that 3D organizer program is the same program that is needed to run the reader/writer box? the dealer here told me it cost around 300$
    Can I use the ultimate reader/writer box and its software to do the same as the Husqvarna reader/writer and the 3D organizer.

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

Nancy, you are now on the right track. I think it's rotten what the dealer is trying to pull on you with his inflated prices.

When you order any of the boxes, tell them you need a husqvarna format, .hus card. Allbrands.com has good information on all the boxes that is worth reading...you may not order from them, you can use their information to make an educated purchase and then froogle for the best price on the box you want with the supplied .hus formatted card.

The other thought is before you order, download the 30 day free trial of Embird and try to transfer a design from embird to the Husqvarna box and card and see if it works. It's a free experiment that may be to your benefit (the embird author sold the program to Husqvarna after it was no longer share-ware software...researched Embird and how I found that fact out). There is also a free download for Wilcom that might work and does the same thing as Embird basic. If the embird works with the box, then order Embird at $90 and th~~~~ the dealer.

If all that doesn't work and you have your receipts, take the Husqvarna box back to the dealer since you won't need the box and the card that may have been included. You don't have the Husqvarna software so you don't have to worry whether the software was opened up and then non-returnable.

At sewingworld.com there is an embroidery group that knows the ins and outs of embird and machine embroidery in general and always have a discussion going on Embird and it's added modules, plus a Husqvarna group under sewing machines that is devoted to Husqvarna machine discussion and problem solving. I learned a lot from the Husqvarna group when I was researching Husqvarna machines for my cousin who is a non on-line computer person and myself when I was contemplating the purchase of an embroidery machine and doing research.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

Thanks for your help. I did go onto the site of ultimate box and it difintly said that my machine was compatiable with the box. so the software should work. I just could not figure which box to get. But yes I am going to download the 30 day free trail before I even think of buying another box. If the software work, then I will be one happy camper. Just got learn how to do it all. lol but I got 3 day week end and I should be able to get it rolling within that time frame. Will let you know how things turn out with it. Once again thanks a bunch for everyones help..

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

Ok I downloaded the Embird 400 something7, I hope this is the one I should of downloaded. Now figure out how to use it. Went through differnt menus on the toolbars and did not make any sence to me.
    I even went to help but that did not help me either. is there a place to download instructions, step by step to use this thing?

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

Embird works just like any Microsoft program menu-wise. If you go to the Embird site there are tutorials to learn the program...also a word of caution...you have 30 days or 90 sessions before the trial ceases to function.

I think you may be getting confused because you think because it's embroidery, you have to do special things...think of it as a word document you want to start and then import another document.

Best thing to do is go to Ann the Gran and her free designs, download a freebie to play with..actually several, and then start playing with the program. The directory structure is about the same as old windows98.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

I got a few designs downloaded from Ann the Gran. I was also able to convert them from the PES to Hus format. Now I could not find the area to go to, to send the designs to the card. I am trying to work with the box I have. But no luck..

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

bkarry where did you buy the 3D organizer? I would like to buy it for the price you did. that would be half the price of what the dealers here wants for it.

• bkarry
    17 years ago

Nancy, I bought it from my Husqvarna dealer. I'm wondering if your dealer quoted you the price of the box and the 3D organizer together. They were $150 each.
    Here's the phone number of Husqvarna Software division. They can tell you what the price is, which program you need and just exactly what each program does.
    1-440-808-6730

What machine do you have?

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

I have the Scandiavian 300. I got it about 4 months ago. Its a great machine, but the cost for acceseries is so expensive. the reader/writer cost me about $150 and the software 3D was 300$. will try and call them. then they can send me prices for some of the software.
    Its amazing how prices differs from one state to another, and being the same company.
    I am also going to try and find the dealer in other parts of florida and alabama to compare the price.
    thanks for your help. will let you know how this comes out.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

Forgot to ask you. how long ago did you get the 3D Organizer?

• bkarry
    17 years ago

Nancy I got my machine the first part of April 2006. They sold me the wrong software "3D Organizer Plus" at first. I called Husqvarna because I couldn't get the software to send to the Reader/Writer Box and the store was telling me that was the right software. Well guess what I needed "3D Organizer" no Plus. Was worried the store wouldn't take it back and I would be out of luck, but they were very nice and did the right thing.
    I got the Platinum 950e at a reduced price because they came out with a Platinum 955. Same machine however the 955 can use a bigger hoop.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

I got my Husqvarna around the end of Febuary. So its only a few months old now.
    I went back to the dealer and was talking to them, the owner was there and he told me that in order to run the reader/writer box you need the software for it. I then ask him what is the name of the software. He said it was the 3D Studio. The correct price on that is $395. I was not told any of this when I talk to them about a machine. Now I know why... the prices are so high, no one would not buy from them. And they do not tell you all the ins and outs.

• bkarry
    17 years ago

Oh I don't know about that. Don't buy anything until you talk to the Husqvarna software people.
    That 3D studio is the bundle I was talking about. It has 3 different programs rolled into a package. It might be just what you want and need. However, if you spend that much money, you'll want to be sure.
    Here's the Husqvarna website that talks about 3D Studio.

Here is a link that might be useful: Husqvarna software

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

the dealer was the husqvarna dealer where I got the machine. All I wanted was to just get the software for the reader/writer box. I never thought it would be so complicated. yes i will check out the site and see what it has to say. thanks

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

I'm surprised your reader/writer box didn't come with instructions including transfering designs as your box is brand specific. My OESD box came with very specific instructions and have constant updates to download. For the $245 I paid, it has been well worth the money because of the additional software I get yearly plus updates.

I would read the book on how to embroidery and work with embroidery designs, how to transfer designs, etc. My box came with those instructions plus the manual for my Brother PE150...I also have a Singer CE200 that embroiders without a hitch because it's hooked to my computer and the software converts any format to the singer format I need. If an instructional cd came with your machine, I would review that as it always explains something you might have missed while reading and practicing.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

the reader/writer came with bare instructions just how to hook it up. and tells you to install the software (which I do not have).
    I have been online looking at other reader/writer boxes which comes with the software to run the box. and it is compatiable with Husqvarna Scandivaia 300. and it is alot cheaper, than just the software for Husqvarna.
    I am seriously thinking of just buying another box with the software. It is the amazing box. so if anyone knows more about this box, I would like to know more than the website states.
    Also been looking at the utlimate boxes. not sure wish one would be best, I also read somewheres that you have to download some driver or drivers. thats not going to be to much of a problem as I know someone who works with computers who can come by and do the driver download.

the ultimate box comes with the software as well to run the box, plus the embird trail software. I already downloaded the embird and learnt alittle bit with it. so far I like it. but you can not send anything to the box unless you have the box and software. Or at least thats how I understand it. Not giving up, going to get this work out one way or another... lol

thanks for all your help,, its good to know people out there who are willing to help.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

HI All
    Hope all had a wonderful holiday.
    I went back to the dealers AGAIN. and still they wanted me to buy the expensive programs. Well I stuck to my guns and told them what I wanted and also told them that I did check things out and that all I wanted was the 3D Organizer for the reader/writer box. well after a while I got the software and it was for $149. If later when I am able then I can go for the other programs but for now I just want the simple program to run the box. I have it on the computer now and trying to learn the steps and what to do. I am waiting also for the class for the reader/writer. This should not have been this compliacated. they should of told me this when I got the machine and probably would of been doing more embroiderying.
    Thanks again.

• nancy1945
    17 years ago

hi bkarry
    could not send reply to your message, email is not working for some reason.
    I am enjoying the 3D software, went to a class on thursday to learn about it. not to hard, just remember what steps to follow. I printed out the help topics, and read them, plus my own notes. I have downloaded a design and have already transfere it to the machine disk and did the print out on it, sewed it already. came out great. can't wait til to do more.
    thanks again

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

Glad to see everything is working out for you.

The design printouts are also good for planning placement on anything before diving in and embroidering it out.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES