Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embird or something else?

Posted by amyjackson (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 07 at 20:36

I have a Brother 270 and want to be able to use fonts other than the few that came with the machine. I used the free Embird, but am now wondering what to actually buy...if I want to do actual WORDS(out of other fonts), not just letters that have to be done seperately, which do I need? Does the basic embird come with that or is it something else that i need instead of/in addition to that???
THANKS!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embird or something else?

Hi, Amy - I have the basic Embird program and it does NOT do fonts. You have to buy the separate Font Engine for that.

Donna

o
RE: Embird or something else?

Hi Amy,

Yes Embird does do fonts, it just does not come with any built in. You can order 33 different font faces from Embird that stitch very clean and size pretty well. You can also buy a font converter engine that converts windows fonts to embroidery fonts and never worked well at all, until the latest version. Not all windows fonts convert to embroidery fonts so great, you will have to experiment, however with a little bit of effort many of them will come out quite good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here