Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pneimi

singer quantum xl-6000

pneimi
18 years ago

I have just purchased the xl-6000. I am finding it difficult to get started with it. Anyone have any tips or tricks that would help. It would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (10)

• stitchntime9
    18 years ago

First read the manual from cover to cover. Then go through the manual page by painful page to learn the features. I would learn the sewing side first and work to the embroidery end. By that time, you will find any little quirks the machine has.

I have a CE-200 and did the same thing. I discovered the embroidery unit was bad because the machine sewed fine until the embroidery unit was attached and the sewing machine went nuts. I'm in the process of getting a replacement embroidery unit.

• JymmJ
    18 years ago

You can download the workbook for the xl 6000 from the singer web site.

Use this link
    http://www.singerco.com/accessories/manuals.html

enter xl-6000 into the search box. The workbook is in pdf format so you will need acrobat reader (it's free if you don't already have it--just go to www.adobe.com)

This workbook goes step by step through the basics. You can print it out if that's easier, or just view it on the computer screen.

Good luck.

• lasmt
    18 years ago

How are you guys doing so far with your XL-6000's? I just got one a few weeks ago. WOW it's not my old POEM machine from the mid-90's. But that was very intuitive and easy to use by comparison. I live in remote area hundreds of miles from a dealer. So will have to go through painful learning curves alone. Almost alone. My neighbor decided we needed to do this together but is depending on my lead and computer skills etc. 1) Starting with tutorial from SIngers site. 2) Bought PE-6 and tutorial to go with it. 3) Picked up a vector drawing program that works well with PE-6. Will depend on converter programs to convert the brother design digitizing into XXX format. Sounds good in theory. Practice is going to be interesting and the learning curve. I love my own designs especially of Moose in our yard and Bears. We tend to be rather into western and wildlife arts compared to the more traditional styles. Any new hints or insights let us know...thanx...

• Whitetigers
    18 years ago

I'm New to sewing machine embr. I bought new XL6000 But not alot of support out there on how to use this machine .
    Like placement of material in hoop,
    I bought the compucon software what a nightmare, Luckly I got my money back on that. I'm having problem with the hoops and thick fabric like towels blankets staying in the hoop. everythime I get it finally in the hoop and go to place it in place the top frame comes out. What am I doing wrong? Any of you have this problem?
    Also looking for easy to use digitizing software any ideas on that I have the converter software to almost all sewing designs without a converter box.
    Other than that I love it. No One here has one and I have no one to help with these types of quetions there are no classes either around here I live in rural area.
    I would share anything I know if there maybe something that may help you

• marys3670_yahoo_com
    17 years ago

Has anyone tried to sew any of the embroidery patterns that are pre-programmed in the XL-6000? I am having a difficult time being able to match the colors in the first floral design (Roses) and it is hard to see what the colors are in the book.

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

If it's a close match and you are happy, does it matter?

If you can't see the book, I think it's time for glasses or bi-focals.

Usually the book will tell you what manufacturer thread they use and you can match those numbers or go for the creative flair.

• faye24
    11 years ago

I have a PSW 2.0 that I would like to sell. It worked perfectly for me while I had my Singer machine working. I have given up on it because i have had it in the shop three times for the same problem (automatic bobbin and also the automatic needle threader won't work now. Anyway if someone wants to buy the PSW Please let me know.

• Sewingnickle
    11 years ago

I am wondering if the embroidery unit of the singer xl 1000 fits on the singer xl 6000. Does anyone know?

• Sewingnickle
    11 years ago

I am wondering if the embroidery unit of the singer xl 1000 fits on the singer xl 6000. Does anyone know?

• Sewingnickle
    11 years ago

Does anyone have an embroidery unit from a Quantum xl 6000 they would be willing to sell. I am looking for one.