Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Simplicity SE-3 Embroidery Machine

Posted by clcknits (My Page) on
Wed, May 3, 06 at 19:05

Hi,
I just placed an order for the Simplicity SE-3 embroidery Machine and am very excited! I wanted a machine to use for embroidered quilt squares as quilting is my real passion. I read that this was good starter machine and I didn't want to put too much money into something that I haven't tried before. I want to be ready when it comes...so I was wondering what should I buy to be able to use it as soon as it arrives. I know that it comes with hoops but what kind of thread, bobbins, needles etc. do I need?

Also where is a good place to purchase supplies online?

Thank you so much, I am so excited to begin this journey,
Cathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Simplicity SE-3 Embroidery Machine

I would suggest that you try to find a good book all about stabilisers etc as it's a complicated world! Don't be put off, however, as it's also a lot of fun. You will need a variety of stabilisers and other things.

o

You will also need machine embroidery thread...a few spools in various colors and a spool of bobbin thread (can't use regular sewing thread) to start practicing with is a good option to use while you are practiceng learning the machine using the manual page by painful page. Don't skip the reading as there is valuable information in the manual that will pay off later and not leave you frustrated. The manual will read like mud the first time through, better the second time, and start practicing the third time.

Tearaway stabiilizer is good to start with and walmart has that at less than a dollar a yard. The pre-packaged is expensive way to purchase.

Embroidery machine needles...schmetz, organ, and singer are good options, size 11 and 14. Have a few spares to start with.

Later down the line you may want a reader-writer box to download free and purchased designs on line...works like an external floppy disk drive to transfer the design to the machine so the machine can sew the design out. Your machine requires a box and pre-programmed card or purchased cards which can get expensive.

o

Aloha,
I am trying to embroider some small hand towels. When I lock the fabric into the frame, there is too much between the frame and lock to allow it to lock the frame onto the machine. How do I make this work?
Mahalo,
margaret

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here