Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sooo frustrated!!! Futura 100

Posted by momcat07 (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 07 at 15:23

Mother's Day was coming. So I bought a white button down shirt for my mom , thinking I would embroider the names of her granchildren on it. I get such a bobbin thread mess, that I actually end up cutting the shirt to free it from my Futura. The second try, everything worked out great, so I thought whatever I had done wrong, I had fixed, even though I had NO IDEA what I had done wrong.
My best friend was coing to my house, so I bought a t-shirt and was going to embroider "World's Best Aunt" on it because I thought I had the problem solved. On the last word, the thread is pulling, and there is another bobbin thread mess, and a hole in the shirt!

I'm trying again with a "junk" shirt. I am sitting here waiting because it is taking this long to transmit a simplle cirlce from my computer to the machine.

Does ANYONE have a Futura that they have used mostly trouble free , consistantly, without making holes in the material being embroidered?????

PS the Singer Sewing machine tech, said there is nothing wrong with my bobbin or bobbin case (he's not authoriszed for the embroidery unit).

I am sooo frustrated!!!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sooo frustrated!!! Futura 100

I do not have a futura, however I have been so frustrated with my bernina that I wondered why I even bought it.

My experience with tangled bobbin/top thread that something is not threaded just right. These machines are very finicky.

I have had to go back to the manual and start from scratch
to find a simple error with my set up, more than once.

EVERYTIME you start to embroider do a test piece, first. This will tell you if your set up is right.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here