Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
srauterkus

Brother Applique Station

srauterkus
20 years ago

Does the Brother Applique Station accept all Brother memory cards?

Comments (13)

• redpenny
    20 years ago

NO ONLY APPLIQUE CARDS MADE FOR THE STATION.

• srauterkus
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Thanks! I'm trying to decide if it's worth getting. I already have an embroidery machine, but thought this might be nice for making Disney embroidery. Are there many cards available for the applique station?

• redpenny
    20 years ago

srauterkus

I have had mine since Christmas and love it!Very easy to use.The only draw back is that you have to use the pre-cut fabric pieces in your machine and they only come in white and grey color can be expensive if you use your machine alot! The pre-filled thread cartridge are simple to use.
    ONLY WHISH THEY HAD MORE DESIGNS OTHER THEN THE FEW DESIGN CARDS YOU CAN PURCHASE.Simple enough for a child to be taught and operate with supervision.Some people feel it is a waist of money and to just purchase a embroidery machine I have both.I have made some very cute things with my applique machine and had NO PROBLEMS WITH IT AS TO MY EMBROIDERY MACHINE WHICH NEEDED REPLACED (3) TIMES.

• Limara
    19 years ago

I bought one for my handicaped daughter as she has limited ability, you can use it with other fabrics than the pre bought squares, black out curtain liner is a favourite, but you would still need the seal for the back as there is no bobbin thread, its all done the same as the websters punch with the back being a series of loops which would pull straight out unless they are sealed.
    you say you already have an embroidery machine do you not have a way of getting designs to your machine? you can pick up disney designs from off the internet.

• preggy
    19 years ago

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could additional fabric swatches for the applique station!

• redpenny
    19 years ago

You can buy them On ebay. Also www.ALLBRANDS.com

• paulsonsnarl_msn_com
    16 years ago

You can get light weight fabric. I like to use light weight cotton twill or muslin. just cut squares the same size as the kit and punch holes with a crop a dile or small sharp 1/8 th in hole punch, I also used scissors. Set the fabric under the frame and mark the holes and punch away. Most of the replacement fabric is a dollar a square on the internet.

• sandcastle54_cox_net
    13 years ago

Has anyone tried to refill the thread cartridges? I haven't but was wondering if it is possible since the cartridges are hard to find.

• jonesfamilyfort_aol_com
    13 years ago

I am finding so little reviews on this can anyone tell me appox how long the thread cartlitges last?

• chana1940_gmail_com
    12 years ago

well i really loved mine but no way to get the
    thread i called all brands they dont have them
    and brother dont either my son tried to re thread
    it but couldnt the macines are 300.00 but why would we
    spend that much if you cant get supplies thats crazy
    i put my teddy bears into a small picture frame
    and made ref magnets and we made money for cancer
    does anyone know where to get the thread

• cupidlouise_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I have an APPLIQUE STATION with all of the threads everything is like new. only used a couple of times. the whole set is in excellent condition and is for sale. if intrested, contact me at cupidlouise@yahoo.com.

• Shantell Harper
    8 years ago

I found out how to rethread it. It took me about an hour and a half.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH