Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
?Regarding Hand Embroidery

Posted by spage1 (My Page) on
Sun, May 15, 05 at 12:46

I was given a set of Vogart Transfer Patterns. They are the kind you trace over and then paint with fabric paint. I want to transfer them to fabric for embroidery. How can I do this so I can iron them on the fabric. They do not have the backing that transfers when iron as they are now. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ?Regarding Hand Embroidery

You can get special pencils that make iron on transfer marks. You just retrace the design with the transfer pencil, then put the paper face down on the fabric and iron over it. You can find them in the notions area of JoAnn's or other fabric stores.

o

you can also make a copy of the pages with a copier (not laser-- must use the black graphite stuff)....iron face down onto the fabric...the graphite from the copy will transfer. remember if you are using words, you need to have a reverse copy made....or you'll be using a mirror to read the final embroidery! lol

o

exactly, print a picture on silk cloth, then start . see my opus the link below:
i278.photobucket.com/albums/kk82/myshenling/DSCF1062-1.jpg

and

i449.photobucket.com/albums/qq215/myshenlingbihua/DSCF3190.jpg

made by myself

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here