Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
designer 1 upgrade to usb port

Posted by bridgetrose (My Page) on
Wed, May 22, 13 at 10:47

I have recently upgraded to the usb port on the Designer 1 machine . I have a lot of designs on floppy discs . My question is , can these designs be transferred on to any memory stick or do I have to purchase a Husqvarna memory stick?
thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: designer 1 upgrade to usb port

Absolutely! All you need is a computer w/floppy drive---or external floppy drive. Insert your floppy disk, save the designs to a folder already set up and named (how about 'Floppy designs') on your computer (I use My Documents). Just choose to "MOVE TO FOLDER" or COPY TO FOLDER if you want to keep the floppies as back-up. Now the designs are in your computer for sorting into category folders....and you can ''copy'' your choices to the memory stick for stitching out. Eeezy Peeezy. I would save my floppies just in case of computer crash--or whatever. If you don't have a drive, one can be bought for about $20 bucks or less. I got 2 of them from ebay for about $24. My machine uses the floppies and cards. My Bro service person told me I could not do a USB upgrade. Double drat!
Hope this is the answer you were looking for.

o
RE: designer 1 upgrade to usb port

So sorry! I mis-read your question about "ANY" memory stick. Now that, I do not know. Some machines use their own 'branded' drives. It is a question you should ask the people who converted the machine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here