Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
popatop583

Sewing on the Babylock Ellure

popatop583
20 years ago

I just purchased a used Babylock Ellure Embroidery\Sewing Machine. Without a manual. The embroidery side of it works great however when I switched to sewing, the material will not feed. In fact the material I'm trying to sew does not move. Is there something wrong with the machine or is it what I'm doing? Can Anyone tell me the steps you go through from embroiderying to sewing. Thanks

Popatop

Comments (7)

• rushingseams
    20 years ago

My machine is a Brother so what I am saying may not apply to your machine at all. Mine has an embroidery attachment that adds on. When I remove it or replace it when changing to regular sewing, there is a switch by the connection port that I have to flip. I was told that had something to do with the feed dogs.

• popatop583
    Original Author
    20 years ago

To Rushingseams,

Thanks so much for your quick reply. That did the trick. There was a switch that I didn't see. I'm very grateful.
    Also I sure could use a manual for this if anyone knows where I could get one. I've checked on a new Ellure Manual and they want a ridiculous amount.

Thanks
    Popatop

• dbreynozo
    19 years ago

I have a Ellure. I bought it used about 4 mos. ago. It would take forever to copy the book, but it you need some answered, feel free to email me and I will try to send you a copy of whatever they have in the book. What kind of sofeware do you use?

• clurped
    18 years ago

I am considering buying an ellure. I have also looked at the Singer quantum Futura CE-200. I would really appreciate any recommendations or comparisons if you have time.
    Thanks
    clurped

• Roxie2
    18 years ago

This is just the question I was going to ask. I was thinking about buying a Singer Futura (embroidery).
    A sewing repair person told me that this machine
    is in repair more than other machines. He suggests I spend a little more and get a Babylock (embroidery). He says it won't need serviced for years. It is on sale until the new year for just over $1000. I need to stay in this price range. Please share if you know anything about either machine.
    thanks, Roxie

• tiamiadart
    8 years ago

I just purchased a baby lock Ellegante BLG ver 2.01 and in sewing mode the feed dogs do not feed the fabric, and the switch is in proper position. Any help would be very appreciated.

• dancingirl_gw
    8 years ago

I have a Brother 2002 ULT that is cranky like that. My machine has a ''flip switch'' under the 'free arm', under the bobbin area, that I can nudge to make the feed dogs rise. Check your machine. Hopefully you have the same as the machines are sisters.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm