Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HV designer 1 embroidery problem

Posted by bettyk_2007 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 21, 07 at 21:33

I am a new owner of a Husqvarna Viking Designer 1 USB machine. I am having problems with embroidery. I have transferred downloaded designs onto the dongle, but when I insert the dongle into the machine, I cannot view the designs. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? The only thing I can view from the dongle menu is menus 1,2,3,and 4 which contain the 3 alphabets and embroidery designs which came with the machine. I have downloaded designs from the HV website and have purchased designs from other sites, and I just can't figure out how to use them now. The shop where I purchased the machine is great, but it's an hour's drive away. Thanks for any help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HV designer 1 embroidery problem

I don't have your machine so I can only give you a few suggestions. Firstly, are you sure that the designs are in the correct format? Secondly, is there a specific folder on the dongle where they must be saved?
If you don't get any joy on this forum, go to the Martha Pullen embroidery forum - very active and knowledgeable.

o

In order to save the designs to your USB stick so that they can be read by your machine, you must add them using the disk manager.

HTH,
Bobi

o

I have the Designer SE, but I think this still holds true: I don't think you are supposed to download onto your "dongle." The "dongle" stays in your USB port on your computer when you're managing your design. Use your red USB stick to download onto, then to transfer the design to your sewing machine.

o
RE: HV designer 1 dongle

When I purchased the Customizing & Dig software package, it was supposed to come with a dongle. Well, it didn't and I never used it because I was so busy then and using the machine was just for sewing. Anyone know where a dongle can be purchased? Viking never replies to any of the 50+ posts I've sent them asking. I'd never buy another, that's for sure. Totally disappointed.

o

Go to your Husqvarna-Viking dealer and get one. Or ask them about it and they'll order it for you. They are usually in all JoAnn Fabric stores.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here