Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judy5a

Embroidered kitchen towels

judy5a
18 years ago

Hi all: I have a PE 150, with no other software to download anything from the internet - I would like to personalize plain colored kitchen towels for a friend...what would you put on them? Initials..or the name...or ???? any cute sayings? I'm open to suggestions, as I have not done this before. Thanks. Judy

Comments (9)

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

What designs do you have on cards? Perhaps a design with a monogram or just an initial can be very nice and people love having something personalised.

• iso4fun
    18 years ago

My card that came with my machine has the different holidays. Easter, valentines day, etc. What I have started doing is doing a hand towel with each holiday for my daughter who is getting married next spring. But for my daughter in laws I have sewn out their names on dish towels and they loved them.

• laine5
    18 years ago

Do you remember the Sunday thru Saturday towels? My sister and I have embroidered the days of the week on thin towels, then we found cross stitch embroidery designs on Ann the Gran.
    This is a great site that has been around forever. So many free designs, but always sew them out first before you put them on your product. Good Luck!

• maryanntx
    18 years ago

I have put "MaryAnn's Kitchen" on Kitchen towels that turned out cute.

Here are a few saying that you might use:
    Don't like my cooking? Lower your standards!
    Over 40 and still cookin'!
    Who are these kids and why do they expect me to feed them?
    Will cook for sex.
    Their name in large font - Cookin' up love since 1999 (year of your choice).
    A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
    Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.
    If we are what we eat, then I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
    Help keep the kitchen clean - eat out
    Countless numbers of people have eaten in this kitchen and gone on to lead normal lives.
    My next house will have no kitchen --- just vending machines
    This is a self cleaning kitchen . . . clean up after yourself !

• bkarry
    18 years ago

I just love everyone of those saying. I would need one of each. Wouldn't be able to decide which ones I like the best.

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

A lot of people like the days of the week designs for kitchen towels.

• chrisstitch
    17 years ago

Where do you buy the thin kitchen towels for the days of the week designs? Initials are always nice.....Chris

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

You could use herb and spice, veggie, fruit, or anything that goes with her kitchen decor...there are freebie teacup and other designs. Always do test samples before embroidering on the towels.

Since these towels will get washed frequently in strong detergent, it is advisable to use polyester embroidery thread which holds up better than cotton madeira.

• pathfinder81601
    17 years ago

Some of those little fat chefs would be cute!

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County