Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Futura 100 Newbie, kind of

Posted by momcat07 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 17, 07 at 15:39

I've done a lot of moving since I bought my Futura in 2005. I am hopefully now settled. I was watching the woman on QVC demonstrate the Futura. She was able to put two words in a circle guide so that her saying Sew Easy , had Sew on the top in a curved shape and Easy on the bottom in a curved shape. I've tried to do that with my Futura, and it's a no go. I think she had Futura200, whilemine is the 100, blue key pad not gray. Is that the reason? My software is 10.02
I'm haivng so much trouble with Auto Punch, and I'd like more fonts also. But I don't have the bucks for Hyperfont, and what if it doesn't work?
I thought the Futura would give me so much Embroidery freedom, but it doesn't seem that way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Futura 100 Newbie, kind of

There is a tutorial in the help section for lettering. You might also want to join the Yahoo Futura group where there is a wealth of knowledge to help you.

The only difference between a 100 and 200 is that the 200 has more decorative stitches and comes packaged with autopunch.

If you have worked with lettering in word processing programs, the bending works the same way...grab a corner with the mouse and manipulate it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here