Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with what type of machine to buy

Posted by ladysundwn (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 29, 08 at 0:48

Hi all, I am new here and am counting on your knowledge and opinion to get me started off right :) What machine would I need to purchase that could handle sewing and embroidering on dog collars made out of webbing? The webbing ranges in thickness from .040 (1.0 mm) to .095 (2.4 mm). For now I would only be using one color but eventually would want to do maybe two colors. Several different fonts would be nice too. I have no idea what to expect as far as price but with any new venture I want to keep my start up costs as low as possible. Thanks for any help you can provide it is greatly appreciated!

Vicki

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with what type of machine to buy

Hello, Stitching on collars can be difficult. I recommend a brother embroidery machine. anything from the pc8500 to the ult2003D. Because it is going to be hard (if not impossible) to keep the collar in a hoop you will want to buy the same type of backing that you would use for hats. (it's sticky on one side, you stick that to the hoop, then stick the collar on that) Embroider at the lowest speed so the collar doesn't move or your name and numbers will not be in line!
Good luck
Tonia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here