Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jankaystrick

PE Design Software Help Needed

jankaystrick
15 years ago

I recently purchased a new laptop computer with Windows Vista 32 bit installed. I have the original PE Design 1.1 with an upgrade to Version 6.0. According to Brother, Vista does not support version 1.1 and therefore will not run my upgrade to 6.0. They tell me that I need at least version 3.0 to be able to run my upgrade on Vista. Does anyone have a copy of 3.0 or higher that I can borrow to get my 6.0 version on my computer? I have tried to purchase a used version, but cannot find one. I will be willing to pay for it, if it isn't too expensive. The only other alternative that I have, it to buy a brand new software program, and I cannot afford to do that. I really need help! Any ideas??

Comments (5)

• itsbarbara
    15 years ago

Do you have the newer card reader? The software 6.0 uses a different dongle or card reader than 1.1

• jankaystrick
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Yes, I do.

• flower1z
    14 years ago

I have the Brother 4000D. Could some one please help me. I just need a little help. Sewing machine stores do not have the time to step by step and help. I can not transfer the free designs to the machine. I down load them into my PC-- vista and there they sit. they don't show up when I click on them, I have no idea what Im doing wrong. I can take a CD and get the design and have no problem. I didn't think I had to get softwear to down load the designs do I?, I also have a pc 8500 with the pe desig--(NO)-- brother does not have a up grade to use it on the vista. I could only use it on the xp. It is worthless now.

• smb1254_hotmail_com
    12 years ago

HELP!!! My machine tells me that my brother rewriter card cannot be used. I used the same card last week. It worked just fine.

• dancingirl_gw
    11 years ago

Hi Jankaystrick..I just saw your post--it is old, but I wonder if you ever solved your P E problem because I have version 4 and version 5.

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner