Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Convert this file for me?

Posted by roewe (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 13, 05 at 19:53

I don't know if any software can do this, but if you have the capability to convert a bitmap to a .hus, would anyone be willing to do that for me? I have digitizing and customizing (very old version), but I can't convert.

Thanks. Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Convert this file for me?

What does the bitmap end in?

o

If your file is a bitmap (.bmp) then it's an image file and not a digitized file.

o

In order to turn your bitmap into an embroidery file...you have to bring the bitmap into the digitizing program and "create" the file. That entails placing the stitches super imposed over the picture...in other words creating all the stitches....thats what digitizing does....and its not automatic (well some of the programs say they do, with a simple line drawing, but I've never been too impressed) Digitizing takes a lot of work and a pretty steep learning curve...but fun
hth
jrathke@hotmail.com if you have any other questions

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here