Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embird & USB Stick Question

Posted by sew_self-taught (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 17, 08 at 19:27

Hi Everyone

Im hopping over from the quilting forum. Ive been reading all your post trying to learn as much as I can. Im about to purchase my first embroidery machine, Im looking at one that has a USB port on it, Brother PE750D. Ive also been researching Embird. After everything Ive read, Im pretty sure Ill choose it.

Ive emailed Embird today, but I thought Id ask here too. I see from all of their tutorials that I can save a design onto a USB stick. After I save it onto the stick, with the correct format, etc. (PES) is that stick ready to be read by the machine? Or is the option to save a design to a stick just to save the design? The tutorial wasnt 100% clear.

I dont want to get an Ultimate Box and card if I dont need to. Thats why Im looking at a machine with a USB port. Am I on the right track????

Thanks in advance!

Nina

Here is a link that might be useful: Embird Tutorial

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embird & USB Stick Question

Well, I did hear back from Embird and I guess the answer to my question is "yes" in regards to a USB stick.

I did however also learn that the machine I will be buying does have a "USB Port" but not the kind that uses a USB stick. The port connects the machine to my PC.

I feel like Im studying for a Masters Degree trying to figure out all the embroidery machines and digitizing options that are available.

I should have my machine in a couple of weeks. Ill play with it when it comes and decide then if I need the Ultimate Box or if I can some how transfer Embird designs straight to my machine via the USB wire. Do you know if thats possible???

Nina

o
RE: Embird & USB Stick Question

I know what you mean about studying for your master's. I did all sorts of research and bought a janome last week. I do know that the card-readers are the old technology and you want to find one that uses USB. Some machines are direct contact- you have to run a cord to your lap top- I have a PC and no lap top so that was not feasible for me.
I also downloaded the trial of Embird and am pretty sure I will buy it as it does what I want it to do-- check out other sites and other programs.. they are not always what they say they are.
I find Embird hard to get into.. but I did find free video classes at www.clipartopolis.com and they are great. Helped me a lot.
Good luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here