Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Hummel Design CD

Posted by keepeminstitches (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 9, 06 at 18:17

Pfaff has a new licensed Hummel design CD. It has 6 machine embroidery designs and the Mettler threads for $75.00 retail. I asked my dealer if she would sell it without the thread (I use Isacord and have almost every one of the 300+ colors they make), and she said that to do so could cause Pfaff to pull her license to sell their products if they found out.

Very nice designs...some of the ones I remember from my great-uncle's collection of statues.

I have the first Pfaff Hummel kit with 21 designs, and they stitch out very nicely.

Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Hummel Design CD

Apparently the price is dropping because when I checked last year, it was the same setup, designs and thread, for twice the price. The CD is universal for everyone to use. Like you my bone to pick is you have to get the thread kit. The other is that out of all those designs, there were two I hadn't done over a 20 year period.

Also at that time, the dealer and I had a discussion about face colors...i.e., the face colors are a bit off because they digitized the original paintings and sketches that probably hadn't been cleaned or restored in years.

I do the hand cross-stitch Hummels, have both licensed books, and just bought three more kits I didn't have. One wall is Hummel Haven with the designs I have completed.

I also have the statues--to think this all started with a 5" Mother's Darling (now retired statue) I inherited from my grandmother.

o
RE: New Hummel Design CD

The first kit from Pfaff has 21 designs plus thread, retails for $150. The new kit has only 6 designs for $75, including the thread.

Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here