Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karenlee56

king cone spool placement - help please!

karenlee56
17 years ago

I am not new to the world of sewing, but new to machine embroidery. I made the ultimate mistake of purchasing a Husqvarna Viking Designer SE sewing/embroidery machine. Nothing has come easy with this machine, including the lack of assistance from Husqvarna Viking.

At any rate, I have near-consistent success with the use of Sulky's rayon thread, in the 225-yd. narrow spools. They fit nicely on the spool-holder under the cover and feed almost perfectly. However, when I try to use the "Mini King Cone" 1100 meter spools (they are not Sulky, but what I have seems to be good quality), no matter where I try to sit these spools on the machine (either of the spool holders under the cover, one spool holder tried vertically, tried horizontally, etc.), the thread goes for a short bit and jams, stretches, breaks... continually. If I sit there and hand unravel the spool as it's creating a design, it works great (but who has time or patience for that??!). I'm using the recommended settings that the "embroidery advisor" on the machine suggests as far as needle, tension and stabilizers.

I am using 40-weight rayon on top, and 60 or 70-weight prewound white polyester bobbins. I believe that I am using the correct needles and stabilizers for each attempt.

I am thoroughly frustrated and ready to quit embroidery.

Where do these larger spools usually sit for the best results? And how would the small and large spool-holders on the SE be situated on the spools?

Thanks in advance!

kt

Comments (5)