Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Burp cloths

Posted by lilylover_ar (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 15, 06 at 17:15

Hi all, still experimenting here... Has anyone made the burp cloths?? If so can you post a picture of the back of one or explain to me how you sew the material in. I'm trying my hand at one now with John Deere material and embroidering a tractor to match. So far.. well lets just say it's a good thing I didn't do a real diaper. My tires ended up yellow instead of black the body of the tractor is black instead of green.... Guess that's what I get for trying to change colors and not following the color codes. Oh well, I'm still loving it!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Burp cloths

There are experts over at the Martha pullen forum for these.

o

I've made some burp cloths. I cut them out and stitched the design on the top piece. Then, using the top piece and the bottom piece, with right sides together, I stitched the edges together, leaving a small section where I could turn it right-side out. I then hand stitched that area. I have also sewn some borders on the top piece before stitching the 2 pieces together. The back is completely plain on the ones I made.

o

I have made many burp cloths over the past 5 years. After trial and error my best ones are done on Dundee diapers with decorator stitches along each edge and a design on on end.........such as Jesus Loves Me with a lamb OR "spit happens" and a baby bottle and so forth..be creative...Yeah! Chris

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here