Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need advice on Embroidery project PLEASE

Posted by logansmum (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 7, 06 at 12:33

Hi,

This is my first post here. I found you all from the kitchen forum. I need some advice please. I am a graphic designer by trade, but somehow I got involved in this project and I am totally in over my head. I designed a liturgical stole for a minister at my church--it is "women of the bible" theme. I posted a link below if a picture would help.

There are six main squares with pictures and names that were cross-stitched and then the rest of the names I planned to do as embroidery on strips and the whole thing would piece together like a quilt. I had thought I could get people to hand embroider the names as well, but that hasn't worked out so well and I am out of time. So I think I need to get them machine stitched.

I designed the stole in Illustrator and could export the names as almost any kind of computer file (tif, jpeg, wmf, gif, etc.) I was hoping that it is possible to have the names digitized and embroidered as I would like the names to be different sizes and typefaces. Or would I have to have someone do it as a stock typefaces that they have? Is there special fabric I have to use? How do I find someone in my area who can do the machine stitching?

Is anyone in the Atlanta area who does monogramming and would be interested in doing this for me? Please email me (sspencer@mindspring.com) or post a reply back to this message and we could discuss how much it would cost.

THANK you for any advice you can offer about getting this done.

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Image of the stole. It's shows both sides as they would hang on the person.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need advice on Embroidery project PLEASE

If you don't get any joy here, go to Martha Pullen's website and go to the machine embroidery forum. There are many people there who can help.

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o
RE: Need advice on Embroidery project PLEASE

Hi,
You could check with this person, she does wonderful embroidery work and works well with you.
Her name is Wendy Fisher.
tundrakid

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom Embroidery 4U

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here