Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
logansmum

Need advice on Embroidery project PLEASE

logansmum
18 years ago

Hi,

This is my first post here. I found you all from the kitchen forum. I need some advice please. I am a graphic designer by trade, but somehow I got involved in this project and I am totally in over my head. I designed a liturgical stole for a minister at my church--it is "women of the bible" theme. I posted a link below if a picture would help.

There are six main squares with pictures and names that were cross-stitched and then the rest of the names I planned to do as embroidery on strips and the whole thing would piece together like a quilt. I had thought I could get people to hand embroider the names as well, but that hasn't worked out so well and I am out of time. So I think I need to get them machine stitched.

I designed the stole in Illustrator and could export the names as almost any kind of computer file (tif, jpeg, wmf, gif, etc.) I was hoping that it is possible to have the names digitized and embroidered as I would like the names to be different sizes and typefaces. Or would I have to have someone do it as a stock typefaces that they have? Is there special fabric I have to use? How do I find someone in my area who can do the machine stitching?

Is anyone in the Atlanta area who does monogramming and would be interested in doing this for me? Please email me (sspencer@mindspring.com) or post a reply back to this message and we could discuss how much it would cost.

THANK you for any advice you can offer about getting this done.

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!