Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Aligning monograms - alphabet letters

Posted by classynsassy (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 26, 06 at 8:20

I have collected lots of alphabets (JEF format) and love them; however, if a create 3 letter monogram or a name I cannot bring the individual letters into one file, neatly aligned and save to my memory card for my Janome 300e.

Monogram Wizard uses only their monograms and, as I understand, Melco Sizer doesn't yet allow you to work with JEFs.

I love to monogram but want to do more than single letters - need some help, please

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Aligning monograms - alphabet letters

Does your machine have an on screen edit feature where you can bring them up & set letter by letter? Mine does, then a select mode where I can move them around in all kinds of directions. Once I get them where I want them, I can save it for future use.

o

I use Embird to merge patterns and create monograms. It is a great program and not too expensive.

o

I also vote for embird. You can get a 30 day free trial, and it does so much for you. Go to the link below. The lady who owns this site is really helpful too.

Here is a link that might be useful: my embroidery haven

o

Thanks all for the advice. My machine does have an onscreen edit feature, but I find that the alphabet letters do not always align just right (one letter may be spaced diferently from another). I understand the Dakota Sizer will do what I need (IF) it allows editing and saving of JEF's. Again, thank, I'm investigating all your advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here