Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
michigoose_gw

Amazing Box, Amazing Box II, Ultimate box HELPPPPPP!

michigoose
18 years ago

I'm feeling boxed in....I need a reader writer as I just purchased a Janome 300e. I have been trying to figure out the difference between the Amazing Box II and the Amazing Box...is it that one will write to the computer and the file? I'm really confused....What would anyone suggest and why? Others than I listed here? EEEK! I think I'm boxed in! Thanks.

Comments (5)

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

Michigoose, you don't need any of that. The great thing about the Janome 300E is that all you need is a software that isn't expensive like Embird, (you can have a 30 day free trial), a flash card, and an adapter to fit it into your machine. I bought the same machine last october and you're going to love it.
    Go to any shop that sells camera and ask for the smallest compact flash card they have. Also, ask for an adapter - the person who sold you the machine shoulld be able to tell you exactly what you need - my adapter's in the machine working right now so I can't get it out to look. (e-mail me later if you need that info). That's all you need machine-side. For the computer, my printer has a port for the compact flash card - if you don't have one of those, you need to buy a reader/writer that slots into a USB port. These things are all REALLY cheap!
    Go to the website below and download embird. The lady who owns that site is wonderful and will help you if needed. Embird allows you to convert designs to .Jef format, resize designs, see them sewing out, change colours, etc. You save the design you like onto the flashcard, put it into the adapter, slot that into your machine and off you go. Don't let anyone tell you you have to have the amazing box etc. Have fun!! There's so much free / cheap stuff out there.

Here is a link that might be useful: my embroidery haven

• joly
    18 years ago

That's right, all you need is the smallest compact flash card, a PCMCIA adapter (also found in the camera dept) and a reader/writer for the compact flash card (also in the camera dept) unless you have built in memory card slots on your printer or PC that reads compact flash cards. I have always used Embird as my software and love it. The 30 day trial is a full working version.
    If you buy all of the above, the card, adapter and reader/writer it will cost around $65 depending on the card size. You might also want to check out the yahoo group for this machine, someone has posted a pic of the card, adapter, whole set up in the files section. Its the EasyeethreeMachines group.
    Joly
    Janome 300E
    White 3300
    Embird
    http://community.webshots.com/user/jlfribley59

• monika45_55
    17 years ago

Hi Joly,

I notice you have a White 3300. Would the above work for that also. Or can you only use it on the Janome? I am looking for something to use with my White 3300.

Thanks,

Monika

• stitchntime9
    17 years ago

Monika you are commited to using the ultimate box, OESD box, amazing box, or the simplicity box with the reader writer card.

The Janome300 is a higher end machine that eliminates the reader writer box.

• intrigue
    15 years ago

Could someone please help me? Which of the boxes is compatible with Vista? I had the 1st edition of the Amazing Box and still have a Brother Embroidery (PES) Machine. That edition won't intall on this new computer and I'm not sure what will. Please HELP...................

Sponsored
Custom Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures Solutions in Loudoun County