Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vintage Eagle embroidery pattern

Posted by cpaquilter (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 07 at 1:04

Help! I'm hoping that someone can help me find an embroidery transfer pattern, probably put out in the Bicentennial year of 1976 that included a large eagle design. I embroidered it across the back of the Levis jackets of two of my best buds in high school, and would love to get the pattern again to incorporate into a reunion/memorial quilt.

It was probably either a Simplicity or McCall's pattern, and I'm pretty sure that if I saw a scanned picture of the pattern, I would recognize it immediately, having stitched two of them the summer of 1976 while watching the Olympics.

Will be more than happy to pay a reasonable cost for the pattern, as well as shipping!

Thanks,
Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vintage Eagle embroidery pattern

I have a package from Butterick #4308 that has about 12 different iron on transfers. Never used, just opened it this morning. I doubt this is the eagle you are talking about but will describe it.

The pack says "Americana Embroidery. Embroidery transfers based on authentic early American designs and super Bicentennial subjects with stitch instructions included. Pattern includes at least one of each motif sketched. Yellow transfer stamps once on most light or dark fabrics (except yellow)."

The only eagle design is a spread wing with a red/white/blue shield on the chest and either arrows or a branch horizontally through the tail area. The design measures approximately 6" high by 7" wide.

I just checked Ebay and this exact pattern is on there. There is also one other Vintage Americana transfer by Simplicity. At least that gives you pictures to check out.
Lynn

o
RE: Vintage Eagle embroidery pattern

Thanks for checking, Lynn. I do appreciate the effort, but I'm afraid that's not the eagle I'm looking for - it was larger, and the wings were more outspread than up.

I did some more looking on eBay, and didn't see it anywhere. I'm going next week to my parents' house to help get it cleaned out so they can sell it and move to something smaller - maybe the pattern will surface there!

Thanks again!
Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here