Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help- Choosing an Embroidery Machine

Posted by nannak (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 21:06

I am looking at embroidery machines - does anyone know anything about the Brother Pacesetter 7500(Brother PC7500)? I am looking at this used on ebay and it comes with a lot of accessories. Also, how about the Brother SE270D? Would this be a good starter machine?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help- Choosing an Embroidery Machine

Hi Nanna!
I bought a used Brother 8500 from ebay about 5 years ago. Used it and LOVED it until a year ago when it died. $750 to replace 3 computer boards. Needless to say, I didn't get it fixed and just recently purchased a Singer XL6000. I still have a little Brother 180 and love that one too.

I have nothing bad to say about the Brother machines, but I would be very concerned about a 7500. These machines were made before the 8500s and are probably starting to get old. The parts are not readily available, and if you can get them, they are extremely expensive. The parts most likely to go bad are the computer boards, and I highly doubt they are even making the 7500 boards any more. They're not making the plain 8500 ones any longer, so I was told I'd have to purchase the new ones, which are for the 8500D machines with the Disney designs. Of course, I'd have to pay the Disney price for them too :) Now, that machine could last another 10 years before the boards go out, or it could be tomorrow. Just something to think about. Depending on the price you can get it for, it might be worth it, especially if it hasn't been used much.

My experience kinda burned me on buying used since you have no warranty. The 270 is a great little machine, and good for a starter. The only thing I can say about that is that you will want a machine with a bigger embroidery field in about a week. LOL! Embroidery is addictive. Good luck with whatever you decide and feel free to ask more questions as you do your research. There's a lot more to purchase once the machine is home. Threads, stabilizers, software, reader/writer boxes...the machine is only the beginning.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here