Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
keepeminstitches

Hummel Machine Embroidery

keepeminstitches
19 years ago

I have posted in the Sewing Gallery two Hummel machine embroidery designs I stitched out. They are from a multi-format CD with 21 designs and 56 spools of Mettler thread that is included. They are very fun to stitch out! The detail is great.

Mary L

Comments (8)

• stitchntime9
    19 years ago

You certainly perked my interest when you posted Hummel and machine embroidery. I checked E-Bay and sure enough, there is a person selling illegal designs on cds. I did take the time to write the seller informing them of the misdeed. That seller is off my "to buy from" list because he is ripping the nuns off royaly.

If Ars Sarca and the convent licensed the designs and images to a machine embroidery company or designer, I would be the first in line to buy. The convent uses the proceeds to support children's charities so any licensed design or image goes to a worthy cause. I don't mind paying the price because it does help a worthy cause.

You really did do a nice job on the stitchouts. There is a problem with the colors used being way off. If you don't collect Hummels or do cross stitch with the Hummels to compare to, you wouldn't know different. I have the same cross stitch pictures I did about 5 years ago framed and hanging on my wall with all the others done by hand.

All in all, you did get a bargain on the thread. You might be able to cut a deal with the seller to get part of your money back when you return the illegal cd, and be sure to tell him about the illegal factor.

• capricorn
    19 years ago

There is a licensed design cd out through Pfaff.
    It does appear that the dealer on Ebay is selling bootleg copies and should be reported

Here is a link that might be useful: Hummel designs

• keepeminstitches
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Ma'am, all due respect, but I NEVER use unlicensed material!!! Nor do I sell things made using licensed material unless authorized by the designer (one needs to read the fine print). Having worked in Hallmark's Corporate Headquarters in Legal, I have a strong respect for copywritten product. I should have specified that I had just purchased the Pfaff CD. Presumably, they purchased the licensing rights before producing the CD. They chose the colors, I did not; however, sometimes colors don't translate well when sent via digital camera and computer.

I accept your apology for the unmerited scolding.

• sherwood38
    19 years ago

Mary I have been around the Sewing Forums here for years (only post occasionally)and never noticed the Gallery before!
    I just ck'd out all your finished works and am impressed, thanks for sharing!
    You must sew constantly? I have been in a rut for ages an actually packed my machines away....

Pat

• keepeminstitches
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks, Pat! I appreciate the nice words. No, I don't sew constantly due to a part-time job that interferes
    :-p , but I sure wish I could! Sew many projects, sew little time! I doubt I'll live long enough to go through my stash (of course, don't we all constantly add to our stashes?)

I taught a handbag class last Friday, and the ladies were all pleased with the end product. They did such nice work.

I love to do machine embroidery, have a little (but not nearly enough) experience with digitizing, but my first love is garment construction. I'm glad that you found the Gallery...it's really fun to see others' work...I've seen some wonderful handbags in the Gallery (Rene makes beautiful ones).

Thanks again.

Mary L

• maryanntx
    19 years ago

Wow! Those did stitch out beautifully, Mary! What did you stitch them on?

MaryAnn

• keepeminstitches
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Thanks, MaryAnn! It's a linen-look ecru fabric from JoAnn's. I didn't want to put those nice designs just on plain cotton. I hope to have them professionally matted and framed, maybe at Michael's, as I've heard they do good work. My neighbor does the most breath-takingly beautiful counted cross stitch and has hers framed there. Have you had any experience having things framed?

Mary L

• stitchntime9
    19 years ago

The illegally copied copywrited Hummel disc I saw was on E-bay with the same pictures in .pes format and that seller has been reported to E-Bay. I just double checked and posted the link for reference so everyone knows this is an illegal copy for .pes only (contact seller if you need a different format--don't think so).

I did some homework after Keepeminstitches' post and Pfaff is selling the licensed Hummel disc and thread kit for about $150 retail per my local dealer (the nuns were present during the digitizing). You have to get the thread kit with the cd, you can't get the multi-format cd only, I already asked. I was concerned about whether Mettler would agree with my two machines' tender thread stomachs and couldn't see buying thread my machines would act up when using..the only thing holding me back to buy the cd from the Pfaff dealer.

Right now I'm ticked off at Michaels for the framing job they did for my deceased sister's picture colage. They used double sided tape on the original photos so now I can't get the photos out to use the frame for something else without ripping the paper off the back (mother did not give them copies to use). I normally do my own needlework framing without problem and buy the whole acid-free mat board from Michaels for backer board to cut to size needed as well as some of the outer mats.

Here is a link that might be useful: Illegal Hummel cd to Avoid

Sponsored
Suzan Meredith Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Ashburn's Innovative Interior Designers 2x Best of Houzz Winner