Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Embroidery Thread

Posted by hannah_2001 (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 6, 09 at 19:47

I have purchased a 6000 D Quattro Brother Embroidery Machine. Can any type of thread be used on it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Embroidery Thread

If you are embroidering, you will only want to use embroidery thread. Regular all purpose thread is too heavy for embroidery. When you are sewing however, you don't want to use embroidery thread because it isn't as sturdy as sewing thread. With both types of thread, you only want to use a high quality thread. You will have fewer issues and your machine will thank you for it.

o

I also have problem with embroidery threads. Is polyester thread better than rayon? I used rayon threads to do embroidery but they keep breaking off. Has it anything to do with tension? How is it my new rayon threads break all the time?

o

Poly is more durable and fades less. But good quality rayon really shouldn't be breaking like that either. hmmmm....

Does the rayon thread you pull off the spool/cone look like it's linty, or have rough spots? It may just be bad thread, or you may need a different type of needle.
I use almost all poly, never used much rayon, but do I know the needles made just for embroidery do have a larger hole and a special scarf to allow for all the thousands of stitches being made. I use either one, but maybe you could try a pack of embroidery needles?
Sorry I can't be more help.

Cheri

o

You also need bobbin fil for the bobbin. Brother Finishing Touch bobbin fil is usually recommended.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here