Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brother PE 150

Posted by nrs121 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 08 at 18:23

Hi, I am new to sewing but I found a Brother PE 150 in a pawn shop for $150 what should I look for? I have always want to learn how to embroider, But I really don't know anything more than basic sewing. I would appreciate any advice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brother PE 150

Hi NRS, it's a good deal as long as it's working.
PE 150 is a good workhorse of a model, needles, bobbins and thread are readily available. It will stitch out a 4 by 4 area. It has several programmed designs and fonts for personalizations. It takes memory cards as well that you can buy separately.
Make sure it has the hoop it came with, those run at least 50 to replace.
Umm, check to see if there is a Brother dealer near you for servicing.
there are literally a gazillion web sites with free designs, provided you purchase some kind of computer attachment to save the designs to blank cards. PED basic or the amazing box, etc. come with a blank card you can use.

be careful if you go that route, there are some great designers and some not so great. also,steer clear of people selling licensed designs that aren't the real cards...the pe 150 cannot do the disney cards.

hope that helps, sorry I didn't see this sooner!
good luck and feel free to ask more embroidery q's anytime!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here