Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help choosing an embroidery machine

Posted by tropicalcindy (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 29, 08 at 14:25

HI folks!

I am new to the forum and would like opinions on purchasing a new embroidery machine. I want to be able to do shirts, sweatshirts, tote bags, possibly ball caps.

I am looking in the $2000-$3000 range, but certainly will pay less if one machine is better for what I want than another.

Have been sewing and quilting for years and am very computer literate, so wanting to get one that I can use my own designs from the computer.

Any and all help will be appreciated...either on the forum or off post to my email at lexxuscook@yahoo.com

Thanks bunches!
Cindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help choosing an embroidery machine

Hi Cindy, I'm partial to Brother machines and PE design. I haven't heard anything much about singers, I do hear pfaff and janome users are happy too. Just shop around for features you want/need. newer models have usb to transfer files to the machine.

I am teaching myself PE design with some tutorials found over the internet, I couldn't stomach $45 an hour for lessons from someone who may or may not know what I want from the software! It's windows based and I know all the ms office products and some programming, so it isn't as bad as some people say.

good luck

Whatever you choose, make sure there's a dealer around for servicing, warranties, etc...
if you want to test out software before shelling out the $$, sophiesew is out there, I haven't tried it. There is a free trial of PE design and I think Embird also does a trial period.

o

I agree- I just bought a machine last week- Try to find a dealer close to you. Find out who will fix the machine-if you need it.. will it be sent away? or can the dealer fix it? make sure you can get FREE lessons- Most offer them. You are spending a lot of money with them- you should not have to pay for the lessons. Make sure the dealer is computer savvy-it helps. Go for customer service- that really counts. Good luck.

o

lindycat - what machine did you purchase? I too am interested in getting a machine and have been going back and forth between different models for years (hence no big purchase yet, don't want to put out the big $ if I can't get what I want!!!). Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here