Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thread Looping

Posted by bhayes (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 8, 05 at 11:49

On a heavy design where there are maybe 3 layers to complete the design, I'm having a problem with thread looping. I have adjusted the tension up and down but still have the problem. On a regular design the stitching is fine. Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thread Looping

Maybe you need a new, sharper needle to sew that dense of a project

o

I also put in a new needle. (I'm using sharp Titanium).
That didn't help either. My machine is fairly new, but I'm wondering if it is my machine.

o

Could be stabilizer too. It may just be the design itself. Is it purchased or a free download. I have problems on some of the freebies & I get antsy on the thick stuff because of the noise it makes.

o

The software is purchased from Embroidery Haven. Beautiful design and I have purchased from them before. The stablizer is Badgmaster. I use Madiera poly thread which has done well for me. However, on this heavy design the bobbin thread occasionally piles up and causes a huge thick lump for no apparent reason. I'm doing freestanding lace and have done a lot of it but not this heavy a design.

Appreciate your comments.

o

My machine's tension is usually too loose when my machine does the "bird's nest" thing.

I tried lace once & it didn't do well. I had some bird's nests & it finally pulled a big hole in my stabilizer & I haven't tried again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here