Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryanntx

'Learned from Experience' Tips!

maryanntx
19 years ago

Okay, I'm new at machine embroidery. I just got my machine, a Bernina, in November. I didn't have a lot of time to play around with it through the holidays, but now I'm enjoying playing and learning.

I've learned a few things from my new experiences that I hope I don't repeat! A friend brought me a darling valentine holder that she bought for her 1 year old granddaughter. She wanted it personalized with her name. The holder is a heart shaped pocket and I thought I could manage to stitch the name without taking the item apart. It was a very tight squeeze and after stitching the first letter I realized it wasn't going to work. so I literally spent hours removing the stitches on that first letter! Then I took the item partially apart and stitched the name. I now have to sew it back together again. Whew! What a job!

I'm chalking this off as a learning experience! I also learned that the machine puts those stitches in to stay!!!!

So...what have you learned from experience with your embroidery projects that I should avoid in the future?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County