Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Futura Software with Windows Vista

Posted by greenjc (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 28, 07 at 10:18

I just received my Futura CE-200 yesterday, but I can't get the software to finish loading on my Vista Machine, Can't get ahold of singer. Any help would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Futura Software with Windows Vista

For anyone looking to purchase a whole new sewing machine and computer, do not get a Vista based machine. After talking to Singer, I was told that the Futura line is not compatible with Windows Vista, and they have not intentions of making it work.

o

There's details of how to use the machine with Vista here:

Here is a link that might be useful: Using Futura CE200 with Windows Vista

o

I think with the link posted by John above you will be fine, but I have found that some software needs to have administrator rights in Vista, this is not the same as having an administrator login. For example, with Embird, right click the Embird icon, and select properties, under the ‘Shortcut’ Tab, select ‘Advanced’ then check the ‘Run as Administrator’ box. Select Apply and answer Yes to the ‘Permission to change settings box. Now the program has the same operating permission as it did in XP.

o

I fixed my problem with vista. I got a stupider computer.
If you have gone to the site and done EVERYTHING that they tell you and it still wont work, you might have the same problem. The drivers for the Singer want a 32 bit (if i get this wrong my husband will kill me.) something and most Vista type computers run 64bit.
How it was explained to me, The puter is too smart and doesn't like the stupid drivers. We hocked up a slower window 98 computer and i have had no problems. You shouldn't need something like 98 you could go higher,but its what we have.

o

I have a Futura and use Vista and have not had any problems with it.

Deeann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here