Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Putting words together

Posted by lilylover_ar (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 06 at 8:31

Okay last question for the day I think... If I wanted to do a burp pad and I wanted to put SPIT HAPPENS on the pad how do I get the space in between the two words. My machine is the Brother 270 and so far I have not been able to understand how to do this. Any help is appreciated!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Putting words together

hi lilylover! That one I can help with! Use the _ key on the alphabet pad and it inserts a space! I have the same machine, got it at Christmas, how do you like it?
Lisa

o

Hi Lisa, I really do like it, how about you. Are you experienced already in machine embroidery or is it all new to you too? I'm off work today and decided today was the day I was going to conquer this little jewel. So far I have broken two needles and had to replace them, so far so good and just now I embroidered my name on a scrap piece of material and the A turned out good but the two n's are terrible. The bobbin thread which is white was about half of the n on one side. Not to worry though, I will overcome!!

Glad to meet you too.

o

I broke alot of needles at first, you will probably find it's a tension problem. I finally put my thread on a threadholder behind the machine. try a different stabilizer if you find a tension adjustment doesn't help your n's! It's all in the practice! I went thru alot of old pieces of muslin at first. I'm getting pretty good with it now...considering! LOL I also find the bobbin doesn't wind evenly, so I put my finger on the thread and manually move it so it winds evenly. Also, as an FYI! I have found after you do a couple of designs, tighten your needle again! Mine has fallen out a few times! And..today..my hoop fell apart! Check the screws and make sure they are tight! I guess all the vibration loosens everything up!
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here