Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilylover_ar

Where is everyone??

lilylover_ar
18 years ago

Seems as though everyone has deserted the embroidery forum. This is not a good thing since I got my machine and need to pick some brains. I think I have read every post on the board and need more ideas and pictures of what everyone has been doing. (I'm just a little creatively challenged).

Come on back everybody!!

Comments (8)

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

I'm here! I was also wondering why it was so quiet! Anything I can help you with?

• lilylover_ar
    Original Author
    18 years ago

HI there, just wondering where everyone has ventured off to. No help needed right at this moment, I'm still in the practice stage, afraid to attempt anything permanent right now. I love playing around with the machine, trying out new designs but still intimated by it a bit. Some of the alphabets I would like to be a bigger size but I think that will come once I decide on which ultimate box to get. So many great designs out there I want to try. Do you download a lot of your designs or do you have the programs already?

• bkfdwife
    18 years ago

I think I have bought all of 2 designs...the rest I got from the internet!
    Lisa

• lindaoh_gw
    18 years ago

I bought 2 CDs of redwork but everything else has been free. I haven't done too much with the machine yet. I am more heavily involved in quilting and have added embroidery to that. I made a baby quilt with the redwork alphabet and the other Redwork CD has larger designs that I want to put in a quilt.
    I also put embroidery in some corner sashing blocks to make a Christmas quilt.
    What kind of projects do you make with the embroidery?
    Linda OH

• maryanntx
    18 years ago

Hi! I'm still here. I usually check in each evening, but don't respond to a post unless I have something useful to say. I do enjoy reading all the posts, though.
    It seems that I'm so busy with work and other things that I haven't been embroidering much lately. I did do little valentine shirts for the twins, but didn't take a picture. Maybe I can take one with them wearing the shirts.

MaryAnn

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

I've been doing a lot of "in the hoop" projects. The patchwork club that I'm part of are having a sale to raise some money and I've been doing embroidered sachets to put little lavender bags in, hot mitts, and fabric trays. I've also done some blocks to make into a quilt and some fishy scenes to frame. I LOVE this hobby! It's as addictive as quilting. AARRGGHH not enough time in the day.

• msmeow
    18 years ago

I'm like Linda - bitten bad by the quilting bug right now. So many projects, so little time! I joined my local quilt guild a year ago and that seems to have really sparked my interest in quilting. Need to get out the embroidery unit and dust it off!

Donna

• momx6
    18 years ago

Just bought a thimbleberries quilt that is a combination of piecing and machine embroidery, but it has to wait till some of the other projects are done! I also made bright green shorts for 3 of my boys and put embroidery on the left front, were they ever a big hit!
    One thing I have learnt about embroidery for garment construction is to cut the pattern peice (if you have to) bigger than is needed and then cut it down to size afte you embroider. Embroidery causes shrinkage. I avoid this by tracing out the pattern piec o I get placement and then cut out when I am done, seems to work so far! -Joanne