Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hoop jumping?

Posted by disneyfan (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 26, 07 at 6:20

I don't really know how to explain this one...when the needle is going over a place where there is already some heavy stitching...the whole hoop (piece of fabric) comes up with the needle. It makes a loud noise and I'm afraid the needle is going to break. I don't know if it's because of the iron on stabilizer or if it's just because there is stitching that the needle is going back over, because it's not doing it on the other areas. This is on designs that I have downloaded. Anyone ever have this happen?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hoop jumping?

hello what you have there is firstly the pattern you are trying to sew has been badly made, but to stop the fabric from coming up you need to set the foot so that it just clears the material, that is what it's there for. if you have it set to high it cant hold the material down when the needle is trying to come back out

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here