Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thread bunching

Posted by disneyfan (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 16, 07 at 5:08

Please help,
Just bought a ped basic and downloaded a design, and seems like no matter what stabilizer i use, the thread bunches up underneath and it won't stitch. I tried doing just a letter and it worked so figured it must not be the stabilizer. Is there something wrong with the pattern that I downloaded.
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thread bunching

Are you using a heavy bobbin thread? I still have the one that came with my machine. It is possible to get a download that doesn't work well. I download lots of free things and some work better than others.
What are you trying to put it on? I did some name logo's on knit shirts and it was difficult to get it to work nicely no mater what stabilizer I used.
good luck in sewing!
Sally aka Nana24

o

You will need to use "bobbin Thread" in the bobbin. It's much thinner than regular thread. Also you may need to adjust your tension.

o

I changed the needle and haven't had that problem anymore, whew!!
Thanks for everyone's help.

o

Most likely, if your built in lettering works on the same material, then yes, you have a bad design. Beware of free designs on the web, just like free anything else. A bad design will never work correctly. Sometimes they have been re-sized from larger designs and now the stitch density is way to high and you just can't run it.

o

I keep having problems with thread bunching. I have brought the machine in for this several times for this same thing. The last time the manager had the repair person change the bobin case. I haven't tried it very much since. I am afraid to mess up something again. Hope this works.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here