Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions on a machine for THIS...

Posted by briansfv (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 1, 08 at 0:49

Hi, I was wondering if someone with experience might have some advice for me. I'd like to embroider 1 color on baseball hats. Either text or a 1 color logo. I don't want anything too huge or expensive as this will not be something I plan on going to huge with.

I'd love it if I could take an image from my computer and embroider it on a baseball hat. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Brian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions on a machine for THIS...

Hi, Brian - to do exactly what you're asking about is a huge investment of time and money. You need a machine that can embroider hats and the special hat hoop. You also need digitizing software. The machine companies all have their proprietary software which is usually very expensive (at least $1000), and there is also a program called Embird that is much more reasonably priced, but you'd have to purchase the digitizing add on. Then you'd have to learn how to digitize. I haven't done much but I've done enough to know that I don't want to invest that much time in learning how to do it. I think you can upload an image then tell the software to digitize it, but then you'd have to tweak it to get it just the way you want.

If you just want hats for your softball team or something like that, your best bet is probably to just have them made by someone who is already in the business. Just make sure you don't have a copyrighted logo, or that you have permission to make copies of it.

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here