Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it possible to buy a sew / embroiderer for around 600.00

Posted by mfindell (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 21, 09 at 22:32

I know there are cheap machines out there that will do both but don't want something that will not stitch well. I want to be able to do some light embroidering and some quilting on the machine. I have the Husqvarna Emerald 118 for basic sewing. My dream machine would be the Husqvarna SE but not enough beans for that.Any suggestions for something that could be purchased for around $600.00 that would be a good starting point for some embroidering and quilting till I can save enough for the SE?
Thanks,
Melinda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it possible to buy a sew / embroiderer for around 600.00

I bought my Scandinavia for around that price because the store was no longer going to be carrying the model and they only had a single unit left. All the accessories and software (I wanted to edit stuff so I bought the much cheaper embird and embird studio package through the internet) added to the price, however, making the final cost for all software, thread, carrying cases, interfacing about $1,000.

I would just visit various dealers now and then and pick up deals when they exist.

I did the same thing for my first embroidery-only machine, which I got for $200 when it was discontinued.

o
RE: Is it possible to buy a sew / embroiderer for around 600.00

Thanks for the reply. I am on the hunt! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here