Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problems with PED Basic

Posted by dlak (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 27, 08 at 22:24

I purchased the PED Basic 1.0 in November '07 and have not been able to properly use it. Loading the program was okay, but once I disconnected the Writer Box (via USB) and tried to access the program again, my computer did not recognize the Writer Box (via USB) as being connected to my computer. I uninstalled the program, upgraded the software on-line, reinstalled the program, to no avail. I also tried loading the program on to two other computers, to no avail again. I hope my PED Basic is not faulty. I'd hate to think I spent my money for nothing. Does anyone have any suggestions on what else I can do? I'm eager to utilize this program to it's fullest capacity. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problems with PED Basic

I found that if I download the embroidery to my USB floppy disk and then open the PED Basic, all of my designs will show. Then download to your card. Works easily.

o

Thanks for your suggestion. I will definitely try it....wish me luck!

o

Sorry I am so late with this answer, but my Ped Basic just started to give me problems. I was trying to find out what I can do to fix it. In the meantime what I have been able to do is I set up an embroidery folder on C: drive called pes designs then I right click on Ped Basic choose run as then I load designs from C: pes designs then I can DL to the memory card it's a hassle but it works until I can figure out what is wrong with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here