Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Design paper for hoop

Posted by silverone (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 23, 09 at 21:31

I would like to know what everyone is using to print out the embroidery image. I am using Vellum paper, but I would like it to be more transparent. Mine is translucent vellum. I like to have a copy of the actual size design in the file, and I use it for various things such as placing around the garment to see if I like the design placement, and placing it in the hoop for alignment, and for identifying the file image name.

I would love to have your suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Design paper for hoop

I print several designs to one sheet of overhead transparency made for my type of printer. The plastic sheets aren't cheap, but since I only do it once in a while it makes thing easier and a single package lasts me a very long time. If you have an inkjet printer you have to wait several minutes for the sheets to dry (the ink WILL get on fabric otherwise) but laser printer sheets are ready when they come out.

o
RE: Design paper for hoop

I use that as well. Transparency film is such a versatile tool. I had some left over from teaching a few classes and ended up using it in a few scrapbook projects so when I found a nice sized box on clearance I went ahead and grabbed it. Since then it seems like I have found endless uses for it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here