Return to the Embroidery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ped-Basic & Brother 270D

Posted by grannibobbi (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 12, 07 at 21:29

As you can see I am a novice at embroidering and using the forum. I have been pretty successful in using the pre-set designs on the 270D. I bought some CD Dakota collectibles to transfer designs to PED-Basics and then use on my 270D. I have now problems finding designs and the PED-Basic seems to write the designs to the disk. When I remove the Brother disk that comes with PED and put it in my sewing machine, I get an error that says" This embroidery card cannot work on this machine" Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ped-Basic & Brother 270D

granni, it sounds like your designs are too big, or the wrong format. They need to be pes, for a 4x4 or 100x100 design area...check that first!
Lisa

o

Yes, thats the problem I had. Lisa is right, just make sure the design size is right. I have a bernina deco 600 and it only sews 4x4. I am going to buy a singer futura 200. I hope it does more. good luck, it is a blast!!!

o

Thank you for your responses. I had a computer guru come over and all we needed to do was update the driver for the hardware. We went to Brother's website and downloaded an updated driver. It recognized all 4x4 pes designs and now it works great

o

Don't forget all the wonderful free designs out there in .pes format. They usually come in a compressed (zip) file you expand (unzip) with multi formats. You can delete the unwanted formats after you unzip the file.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Embroidery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here