Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
paintmishap

Newbie needs help!!

paintmishap
14 years ago

I bought the brother PE770 yesterday. I was told by salesman it is so easy to run my husband can do it..well my husband is pretty nifty..LOL! Anyway I have the machine now which I have wanted for years only to find the box staring at me. I am a little overwhelmed to say the least! I don't know where to start. I know when researching these machines I found tons of forums and blog sites now I can't seem to find these.

I have some basic questions! At least I think they are basic. What type of stabilizer do I need? I will mostly be embroidering on cotton, like Joanns or Hobby Lobby Calico fabric, or t shirts, like old navy long sleeve or short sleeve.

Next question I found the answer to on here in a previous post. Bobbin thread wasn't sure if it had to match sewing thread like a basic machine. I saw in a post black or white is fine. Then thread I bought guterman? Rayon thread at Joanns earlier. If I followed the chart correctly I think I bought embroidery thread..LOL! I think thats about it. I do have another question about a technique but that's to come down the road I do believe!

Thanks soo much

Heather

Comment (1)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm