Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lilylover_ar

Embroidery on Pampers

lilylover_ar
18 years ago

Has anyone tried embroiderying on pampers? I have seen baskets filled with these for baby showers and was wondering if anyone has had any experience doing it. Is it do'able on home embroidery machines??

Thanks, Ann

Comments (19)

• kathi_mdgd
    18 years ago

why would anyone want to do that??? Or don't they plan on using them for their intended purpose.?? Seems like a waste of good thread and time to me,but that's JMHO.
    Kathi

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

I don't see why not...I've done machine embroidery on screening material (like pet screening or window screening). Not sure about the practical application of the Pampers, tho!

Mary L

• lilylover_ar
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I agree it doesn't sound like an economical thing to do but wouldn't hurt to have a few for dress up day. Seems to be a pretty popular gift around here especially in a basket with a lot of other goodies.

Ann

• jenni_ca
    18 years ago

Can't be that difficult. Hoop tearaway stabilizer and lay the Pampers on top and stitch. Might be hard to pin it down but they make hoop clips for that.
    I think I would put some Glad Press & Seal on top to keep the design from sinking in.
    The press and seal comes off very easily and works great for keeping designs on top.
    Be sure to show us a picture if you do this.
    Cute idea for a gift basket. I'd make a bib and a burp cloth to match!

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

Hi, Ann

I just got invited to a baby shower (first one in years and years). Can you tell me more about embroidering on Pampers? Where, exactly, do you embroider the design? Does a fairly dense design work? What kind of stabilizer, if any, do you use? Thanks for any tips you can give me.

Mary L

• lilylover_ar
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hi Mary, I'm not able to give any tips on how it can be done other than what others have suggested in the post. The ones I have seen usually have the baby's name on the butt part, like if you held the baby up on your shoulder and the booty was showing. If you don't know the name maybe last name monogram would work. If you do any please post so we can see and give instructions and like Jenni suggested, a matching bid and burp cloth would be a great gift idea. Have fun at the shower!!

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

Thanks, Ann, I hope to get working on it soon b/c the shower is 2/8/06. Mother says the name is Mia, but will double check b/4 doing the embroidery. Will post a pic IF it works out!!

Mary

• jenni_ca
    18 years ago

I think I would do a bib out of pink chenille, a burp cloth to match and embroider on a pamper also.
    It would be cute to put them in a small basket with several other baby things.
    I think I would use something like this for a design.
    Can't imagine anyone not liking this for a gift.

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

How cute! How do you attach pics to your post?

Mary

• lilylover_ar
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Mary.... did you get your pamper embroidered, how did it turn out??

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

Just did it today (nothing like procrastination)...I have posted it in the Gallery. I just laid it on sticky back stabilizer. Unfortunately, I didn't realize until I got home from the store, that the diapers have Pooh on the front, but I guess it didn't matter.

Mary

• lilylover_ar
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh Mary that is adorable. She surely will love it. Glad to see it can be done too.

Ann

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

I also tucked a store bought stuffed musical bunny and some booties in the gift bag. Shower/luncheon is at noon today...hope she likes it!

Mary

• yorkibear
    18 years ago

The diaper looks wonderful. You did a great job. I hope they will keep it as a keepsake.

• Islay_Corbel
    18 years ago

That mouse is so sweet! How did the shower go?

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

The shower was really nice. It was for the daughter of a fabric store owner/Bernina dealer. Two friends put it on with a very nice lunch, etc. The baby will have a different outfit every day for a month! The mouse is from "Current Critters Continued" cd of designs from OESD. Very nice detail to all of their designs.

Mary

• homespunblessings
    18 years ago

are these useable? or just decorative? doesn't the embroidery make holes in the diap & make the pee come thru? because if it doesn't, this is one CUTE idea!!

• keepeminstitches
    18 years ago

Hi, Homespun,

The mom-to-be sent me a thank you and said that she has already put the diaper in a shadow box as a keepsake. I suppose they are useable, I couldn't notice any glaring holes, but I did use a fine embroidery needle (can't remember the number needle now, tho). I would say they're mostly decorative, sort of a novelty item, I guess.

• homespunblessings
    18 years ago

it sounds way cute...and your pic was adorable. I have several baby showers coming up soon!

Sponsored